Texas Hunting Forum

Lonesome Dove HRC

Posted By: BradyBuck

Lonesome Dove HRC - 07/10/15 03:33 PM

Anyone a member? I live just outside of Abilene and work in Abilene. I might be interested in joining once I get my new pup. I've never been a member of a club. I would have to drive about 1.5 hours. Would it be worth it? What are the benefits?
Posted By: Ol_Yeller

Re: Lonesome Dove HRC - 07/10/15 08:05 PM

I too had never been a club member guy and had always trained my "meat dogs" myself. Through the THF I ended up buying an actual gun dog and started researching training and testing. I joined Cowtown HRC and that was the best decision I made. Like you, I'm 1½ hrs away and don't make all the meetings. The knowledge, experience, equipment and people have helped me to have the best duck dog ever and he's just barely 3 y.o. The only casting I knew of was throwing rocks or shells to get the dog after it. Heck it's only $25/yr, what ya got to lose?!
Posted By: KevinL

Re: Lonesome Dove HRC - 07/11/15 03:24 AM

I'm a member of Lonesome Dove. Just like Yeller said. It's nice to train with others. I have all the equipment but for those that don't ots a huge plus as well. I'm pretty sure we have a few members from Abilene as well. That may give you some training buddies in that area. It really is a good group of people. We have a training day next weekend. Feel free to call or text me 903-220-8900
Kevin
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Lonesome Dove HRC - 07/16/15 10:55 PM

Thanks Kevin, saved your number. Once I get closer to getting the new pup I'll give you a shout. I'm getting a pup out of a buddies dog sometime next year...,that's the plan anyway
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum