Texas Hunting Forum

Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area

Posted By: WNPHNTR

Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 12/31/14 07:23 PM

I'm looking for a trainer to send my 1 1/2 year old Lab to.
She's what I'll call "green broke" obedience wise, nothing near where she needs to be. She's not a problem dog by any means. She just needs formal, daily instruction. Great bloodlines and strong retriever.
What I'm hoping to get back is a dog who is steady to shot and can handle.
She'll be used for dove and duck.
Any info. or direction greatly appreciated.
Posted By: ShotGunWillie

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 12/31/14 09:42 PM

JC Strange is in Decatur, solid guy....

Cripple Creek
Posted By: Ol_Yeller

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/01/15 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: ShotGunWillie
JC Strange is in Decatur, solid guy....

Cripple Creek

X2
Posted By: Birdhunter61

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/01/15 03:03 AM

Angie would also have to be considered.

Robby
Posted By: Hair 'o dog

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/01/15 03:17 AM

There's a reason many folks will travel to Jeff Chesnut
Posted By: WNPHNTR

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/01/15 02:53 PM

Hey Birdhunter61. Who is this Angie you speak of?

Jeff Chestnut looks very interesting. I'd have to swallow pretty hard though to have my girl trained by an Okie! But if he's the best guy for the job, so be it.
I'm actually fairly close to Decatur, so I'd like to check into JC closely.
Thanks for the leads so far guys!
Posted By: Birdhunter61

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/01/15 07:18 PM

Angie with Tioga retrievers

Robby
Posted By: tthame1

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/01/15 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Birdhunter61
Angie with Tioga retrievers

Robby

I'm currently using Tioga and am very happy with everything so far.

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/04/15 06:34 PM

If you are going as far as to Tioga Retrievers, you might want to keep north on 35 and give Gay Houser of Light Foot Kennels a try. She's good and she knows her stuff. Plus she has skins on the wall.
Posted By: Angie B

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/04/15 11:22 PM

If you are going as far as to Tioga Retrievers, you might want to keep north on 35 and give Gay Houser of Light Foot Kennels a try. She's good and she knows her stuff. Plus she has skins on the wall.

Gay is no longer training. She hasn't for a while.

Angie
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/05/15 12:34 AM

I was going to say, I used to run Hunt tests with Gay WAY back in the day. Hope she is well.

I would call Angie. from everything I have read here on THF over the few years I've been on here, She runs a first rate Kennel.

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/05/15 01:18 AM

Angie you are sadly mistaken she's actually training and has been for a while. People keep saying she isn't but she still is, but thank God she is.
Posted By: 2010bigdog

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/11/15 12:41 AM

JC Strange of Cripple Creek Retrievers.

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/12/15 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: 2010bigdog

You might want to confirm that he's still training with Angie, she appears to be on the cutting edge and "in the know" about these kinds of things.....
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/12/15 03:16 PM

Another option for you would be Stone Cold Retrievers. Not as "established" as some, but seems to have a good reputation. Kevin is a nice guy too, you can tell his passion is there.

http://www.stone-cold-retrievers.com/

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/12/15 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: TXPride

Another option for you would be Stone Cold Retrievers. Not as "established" as some, but seems to have a good reputation. Kevin is a nice guy too, you can tell his passion is there.

http://www.stone-cold-retrievers.com/

2nd this

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/16/15 01:10 AM

Just looked at Stone Colds website. he has AWESOME bloodlines. I wonder if he has any pups coming???

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/16/15 01:11 AM

JC's been at it a long time, I knew him "back in the day" too.
Posted By: Angie B

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/16/15 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: 2010bigdog

You might want to confirm that he's still training with Angie, she appears to be on the cutting edge and "in the know" about these kinds of things.....

lizard

Hahahaha!!!

Angie
Posted By: Troubador

Re: Reputable, established retriever trainer sought in the Fort Worth area - 01/20/15 04:36 AM

Jc been at it since back in the day? How old is he?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum