Texas Hunting Forum

Lab breeder?...Cross Creek Kennels?

Posted By: BradyBuck

Lab breeder?...Cross Creek Kennels? - 08/18/14 02:34 PM

I am looking at getting a new lab and have been trying to research a few places. I am looking for a chocolate or black female. I am looking for dog that will be calm and be good inside the house but has the drive in the field. I know they are all a little wild at first but I've seen the crazy ones that never calm down as well. I bought my current lab almost 9 years ago without much research and got extremely lucky. She's the perfect inside dog for my little girls and wife but loves to hunt. She's starting to show a little age so I'm just starting to think about getting a new pup but I'm not in a huge hurry.

I hunt waterfowl and dove.

I would like to stay under $900 or so. I've been looking at Cross Creek Kennels.

Has anyone dealt with or know a dog from Cross Creek?

Does anyone have a suggestion on a breeder that would have what I'm looking for?
Posted By: Brad B

Re: Lab breeder?...Cross Creek Kennels? - 08/18/14 06:02 PM

Very good folks and produce nice dogs. I have a client that bought a pup from Matt and I easily got him his Master Hunter title.
Posted By: Buck_N_Hook

Re: Lab breeder?...Cross Creek Kennels? - 08/18/14 06:04 PM

I have seen Matt's dogs at some HRC tests and they looked good. I think the main thing is to check out the personality of both the Sire and Dam. If each both have the ability to chill out (off switch) then chances are better in getting what you want.
Posted By: Brad B

Re: Lab breeder?...Cross Creek Kennels? - 08/18/14 09:50 PM

In my opinion, the chilled out dog thing is more in how they are raised than the mom an dad.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Lab breeder?...Cross Creek Kennels? - 08/19/14 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Brad B
In my opinion, the chilled out dog thing is more in how they are raised than the mom an dad.

I hope your right because I'll have a hard time finding a better one than the one I have now. There are some things I'll do a little different this go around but when it comes to demeanor and personality my lab I have now is hard to beat.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Lab breeder?...Cross Creek Kennels? - 08/19/14 10:05 PM

sent ya a PM on a Chocolate pup....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum