Texas Hunting Forum

Bluetick coonhound

Posted By: Jtmeeks

Bluetick coonhound - 07/01/14 02:28 AM

My cousin is looking for a bluetick pup. Do y'all know any breeders that you trust? Thanks for any info! up
Posted By: Bigjoe8504

Re: Bluetick coonhound - 07/01/14 03:25 PM

Looking for local or long distance ok. Best bred ones are in Michigan and Ohio atm. I had one a few years ago that I ended up giving back to breeder since he was TOO Woodsy and LOUD. Good dog but drove my wife and inlaws nuts.

Re: Bluetick coonhound - 07/01/14 05:30 PM

Did your pup have good hunting instincts
Posted By: Bigjoe8504

Re: Bluetick coonhound - 07/01/14 06:25 PM

He did, but I didn't have time to take him. The guy who bred him took him out and said he did fine. IDK where he is now.

Re: Bluetick coonhound - 07/01/14 07:05 PM

How much did you pay and were did you get it?
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Bluetick coonhound - 07/03/14 01:19 PM

I breed, raise and hunt blueticks for coon, cats and lions. I generally have a litter a year but don't have any pups at this time. Is he planning to hunt the dog on coons or does he just want a cool looking hound?
If he is just getting started in hunting, I suggest that he purchase a dog that is started or even finished that can tree his own game. I know where there is a male for sale at this time in SE Texas that should be a pretty nice hound and is priced right. The dog is just three years old and a nice looking hound with a good pedigree.
Adios,
Gary

Re: Bluetick coonhound - 07/09/14 11:26 PM

How much do these hounds usually run? He has never trained or hunted behind a coon hound before so a started or finished would be best. He doesn't NEED good blood lines. Thanks
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Bluetick coonhound - 07/10/14 01:15 PM

Turkeyslayer1221,
PM me and I will give you the name of the young man that owns the dog. He wants $500 for the hound which is a great price for a finished hound.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Smith#34

Re: Bluetick coonhound - 07/11/14 05:23 PM

Get on Facebook and search for a page called Blueticks of Oklahoma.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum