Texas Hunting Forum

Pigeons

Posted By: Coot Hammer

Pigeons - 03/25/13 09:54 PM

Does anybody know where I can buy pigeons cheaper than $10 a piece in the Houston area?
Posted By: Cypress Legend

Re: Pigeons - 03/26/13 04:07 PM

i have found a few good deals on craigslist. Let me know if you find any deals and maybe we can go in together for a better price.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Pigeons - 03/26/13 04:08 PM

why dont you just trap them suckers.... shouldnt that be legal?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Pigeons - 03/26/13 04:09 PM

Pay the hobos to do it for you....you got plenty of both in houston
Posted By: Don Dial

Re: Pigeons - 03/26/13 04:25 PM

The guys who used to supply some of the old time Pigeon Shoots set traps under overpasses in large cities and caught..them..DD

Re: Pigeons - 03/26/13 05:47 PM

I've got a trap ordered, I have tons of pigeons at the rail yard where I work, I've been throwing various things out to see if they will eat it but I haven't had much luck getting them to eat anything.
Posted By: MS1454

Re: Pigeons - 03/26/13 06:02 PM

What have you been throwing out ?
Posted By: Play Maker

Re: Pigeons - 03/26/13 06:16 PM

Corn or scratch grain doesn't work on city pigeons. You have to use hot dogs and french fries for bait.

Re: Pigeons - 03/26/13 07:03 PM

I tried chicken scratch, because that's what I feed the ones I got. I also tried some grain off the tracks that they where actually eating that come out of a Hopper car and they wouldn't eat it either. I took some and put it in a safe spot off the rail, and they didn't mess with it. There is a lot of spilt grain on the railroad tracks around here so I don't know if I can compete, I threw out some Ritz crackers earlier also.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum