Texas Hunting Forum

Found Husky

Posted By: thurmansfiberglass

Found Husky - 03/04/13 05:47 PM

I have a male husky that came up on my property in Elkhart. Beautiful well mannered dog. No collar but can tell he did have one on. If you know anyone that is missing a husky n this area let me know. Thanks
Posted By: First_Chance

Re: Found Husky - 03/04/13 06:14 PM

If you haven't already, please take him to a vet and have him checked for a microchip. It'll be free.

Re: Found Husky - 03/04/13 06:26 PM

That's our plan in the morning. We've driven the community and put in word with all the surrounding stores and businesses.

Re: Found Husky - 03/06/13 05:55 PM

Update on Husky. Got home on Monday and he was gone so I thought he went home. Then last night he was back on my front porch. He is still here. Please spread the word. Thank you.

Re: Found Husky - 03/06/13 11:09 PM

I guess he wasn't chipped?
Posted By: Triple7

Re: Found Husky - 03/07/13 05:18 AM

Those dogs are escape artists....I had one jump off the house and over the fence like it was nothing.

Re: Found Husky - 03/07/13 03:19 PM

no chip. and yes he is Houdini. He leaves and comes back. Put him in a fence and he escaped. I can't keep him any longer so Tomorrow morning I have to take him to BARC humane society in Palestine. So that is where he will be.

Re: Found Husky - 03/08/13 09:26 PM

So I took him to BARC Humane Society today and they said they were so overwhelmed with animals they would have to euthanize him. At the very most they could give him 4 days before they did it. NEEDLESS to say I still have him. I could not leave him there So I guess my next step is to find him a good home.

Re: Found Husky - 03/13/13 02:51 PM

UPDATE! So we found a home for this beautiful dog. He went to a home with two other husky dogs and three kids. They live in the woods so he has plenty of space to run..... Then the same day.... I get an email from his rightful owner. I explain we had him for a while and apologize profusely and I still feel horrible. I got the two of them in contact and now just waiting on update from them.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Found Husky - 03/13/13 03:24 PM

Good job.

Re: Found Husky - 03/13/13 03:32 PM

Great work! You should feel very good about the outcome on this and all that you did to help this pup out! up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum