Texas Hunting Forum

help vomiting

Posted By: Camo Momma

help vomiting - 02/18/13 01:27 AM

I just hot home from work. Sadie has been crated while I was gone. I took her out to potty, threw the bumper about 4 times, took her for a15 min walk and brought her in for a drink of water. When she came in she vomited green liquid twice. She is also tender in the lower left and right quadr of her abdomen. I have her 10 ml if pepto bismol. She is acting ok. Is there anything I should be worried about?
Posted By: BTin

Re: help vomiting - 02/18/13 02:43 AM

Yes, you should be worried. Call a vet.
Posted By: purple_cactus

Re: help vomiting - 02/18/13 03:05 AM

How old is Sadie? Did she poop? What did it look like? Is she interested in food/water? Could she have been given/gotten into any people food/trash?
Posted By: kindall

Re: help vomiting - 02/18/13 03:07 AM

All dogs are going to throw up once in a while.
If her stomach was empty the green or yellow bile is normal.
If she is acting ok I wouldn't worry. I would only call the vet if she continues to throw up.
Posted By: webstertroy

Re: help vomiting - 02/18/13 03:17 AM

next time at the vet ask for midocloplamide in injectable comes in 2cc viles.. I always have a few at home... Makes them better real fast!!

Re: help vomiting - 02/18/13 12:07 PM

My daughter walked her and said she didnt eat anything on her walk. She pooped and she seemed a little constipated. After the Pepto, she got better really fast. I withheld food for a little while. She's eating less than she normally does but she's drinking. This morning she was her normal happy go lucky self. No throw up in the crate this morning.
Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: help vomiting - 02/18/13 09:22 PM

How's she doing now?

Re: help vomiting - 02/21/13 09:36 PM

Fine, Happy as a lark, or a dumb pup lol. No subsequent cases of vomiting. I'm chalking it up to an empty stomach and got too excited and overheated running around. Thanks everyone for the help.
Posted By: Don Dial

Re: help vomiting - 02/22/13 12:15 AM

The green liquid was probably digested grass..my dogs tend to eat
some occasionally and usually end up throwing it up..but I keep most on chains or in a dog pen..My wife's Mastiffs, would eat anything, but she feeds them Lamb and Rice costco..and has a fit
if I give them anything but a cracker or cookie..Most hunting dogs will throw up regularly, as long as they hydrate and are on
the food, it usually because they got overly excited, ran more than they are used too, ect..DD

Re: help vomiting - 03/04/13 12:42 PM

That all seems to fit the situation Don, thank you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum