Texas Hunting Forum

let's see your dogs!

Posted By: txcornhusker

let's see your dogs! - 07/31/05 11:37 PM

Have posted this several other places and have enjoyed seeing everyones dogs very much! Lets see them! I'll start things off. Here is Ruger. He's 9 months in the first pic. and close to 11 months in the second. He's a yellow lab.

Posted By: larrywoodson

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/31/05 11:54 PM

heres mine. his name is shotgun. age 8

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/31/05 11:59 PM

Great looking dog.

Posted By: First_Chance

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/01/05 12:06 PM

Here's my shorthair Chance... @ 1 y/o in these pics.

Posted By: TexasHeat

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/01/05 02:19 PM

All I have posted to yahoo...
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ejriggs501@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/d7e9

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/02/05 04:49 PM

All your dogs look good but I think we can all admit that Chance is an awsome looking GSP!!! Great dog there! I'm also a little bias toward GSP.

Posted By: fisherboats

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/02/05 05:58 PM

Here's my bird dog lucy, 13 years old

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/02/05 06:06 PM

Quote:

All your dogs look good but I think we can all admit that Chance is an awsome looking GSP!!! Great dog there! I'm also a little bias toward GSP.

Thanks Husker... LMAO Fisherboats, going after those burrowing owls, are ya?

Posted By: fisherboats

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/02/05 09:08 PM

hehehehehehehe

Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/03/05 01:21 AM

Nice looking dogs fellows...

Here is my Ranch Dog, Sheila, an Australian Kelpie cattle dog. When I sold all my cattle in '99, I put her to work as a blood trail dog. She also has quite a nose for finding hogs while riding in the truck. She let's me know, I stop and still hunt, and kill a hog. We can also walk a sendero that cuts the wind at a right angle and she will let me know when to start hunting.

In the field watching my 444P...

She found this tiger-stripped hog for me and my 30-30 Ackley Improved. It ran out into an old coastal field and died. It would have been very hard to find without her. The rifle is a '51 Marlin 336A that has been parkerized and has oiled stocks. Super rifle to match a super dog!

Nothing like an ice cold drink of water, offered by my hunting partner on his Lost Creek Ranch.

On the way home after a successfull hunt on my Hondo Creek Ranch. Picture of dog with hog is elsewhere on the forum... the 44 Mag topic.

Finally, don't ever turn your back... hunting partner or not!!! Sheila and I where visiting family over the holidays last year and as a single guy got stuck with the floor for sleeping. Colder than the NP and when I got up to pee my dog took over my bed! She is holding her legs straight out to keep me from regaining position! I did everything in the world to move her and she would not budge!

Posted By: HunterTed

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/03/05 02:02 AM

Larry that picture of Shotgun has to be one of the neatest pictures I have ever seen. I love the scenery.

Ranch Dog nice looking Kelpie, I miss having cattle dogs, but I too sold all my cattle and the heelers that I had were too hard on sheep and goats.

Everybody has great looking dogs. Guess I'll have to take some pics of mine and show them off.

Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/03/05 03:09 AM

HunterTed...

With the cattle hitting the road, I gave a couple of great dogs to friends that could keep them working (they are happy that way). A Blue Healer and Border Collie, Blue and Chip are out there giving it a good time. I don't miss the cows but I sure miss seeing these three dogs keep them walking a straight line!

Sheila and I have a real bond, one of those once in a lifetime things. Look forward to seeing those pictures of your critter!

Posted By: biz

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/04/05 09:27 PM

These are my two labs and two limits of green heads. Sniper is ten and Biz is 6.

Posted By: MMyrick

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/15/05 03:24 PM

Here is my new Brittany Dixie. She is about 4 months in this picture. Currently 10 months. I have been working with her and getting anxious to see what she can do once quail season gets here.

Posted By: duckhntrtx

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/17/05 04:48 AM

Here is Mardi and Ike. Mardi is 6mo. and Ike is 3yrs.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/17/05 05:20 AM

Great looking hounds! Keep them coming! Can't tell you how much I enjoy seeing everyone dogs!

Posted By: kbobbjr

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/18/05 01:03 AM

Here is my 6 month old Chocolate "Lady". Hopefully I will soon have a picture of her with a duck in her mouth!!

Posted By: CoyoteLL

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/18/05 09:02 PM

Chance...where did you get your dog?? He has the same coloring as ours...out of the von Greif dogs in Iowa, via Idalou, Texas.

Our male

and female

German Shorthairs

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/18/05 09:21 PM

Got him from D2 Shorthairs (David Dyal) near Kerrville. He's got Moesgaards Jackson & Dixieland Rusty on the top and Quail Run's Roxie Roller & Rincon's Slick Willy on the bottom side.

Those are good looking shorthairs you have.

Here's what we've been doing this summer!!

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/18/05 09:23 PM

Once again, Chance KICKS A$$! You have got to come hunt quail with me and let me see that dog work! I have tons of quail. -Jason

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/18/05 09:30 PM

Quote:

Once again, Chance KICKS A$$! You have got to come hunt quail with me and let me see that dog work! I have tons of quail. -Jason

Thanks... Let's do it sometime.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/21/05 06:04 PM

Another one...

Posted By: portsider44

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/22/05 05:12 PM

Here's my soon to be 12 wk old Vizsla, she is 9 weeks in the picture.

Posted By: BuckBassNDuck

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/23/05 02:55 AM

Here is my 2.5 year-old buddy named Toby. I took this picture last January. Neither one of us can wait til season starts for this year!!!

Posted By: Cappy_TX

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/23/05 11:48 PM

These are my two. Cappy is a 6-1/2 yo male and his lil sister Remi is a 10 mo old fox red female.

Biz ... I see you are in Fannin County. We are just outside of Ivanhoe on FM 273. Built a home on 132 acres and put in 4 training ponds. We'll be at the 9-22 DU dinner in Bonham. How about you?

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/27/05 04:30 PM

I thought this was a pretty neat picture. My trainer sent it to me. He was running my dog Ike in a senior test.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/28/05 01:49 AM

That's a very cool picture!

Posted By: LWS

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/28/05 02:20 AM

Here's my Rott! I haven't used him for any type of hunting but he protects the s/o when I am away.........

Posted By: Birddogger

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/31/05 04:45 PM

Here are some of our dogs. Cash and Piper are brother and sister about to turn 2yrs old. Doc is Dad to those two and Reba is our eldest female at 8yrs old. I own Doc and Cash and my dad has Piper, Reba and 2 others I don't have pics for. First pic is Piper, 2nd pic Doc and Reba, 3-4 are Cash.

Posted By: catsalesman

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/07/05 01:37 AM

Posted By: larrywoodson

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/07/05 02:30 AM

hey cat, how old is ur dog?

Posted By: catsalesman

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/08/05 12:45 AM

Just turned 3 yrs !

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/11/05 03:53 PM

I like em Versatile! Point, track, chase, water retrieve, or tree

Posted By: sforkranch

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/11/05 04:30 PM

Awesome pictures..........

Posted By: JBPointer

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/12/05 02:12 PM

Birddogger you wouldn't happen to be working those dogs out at the Flying P now would you?

Posted By: tex_ttu

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/12/05 04:36 PM

Quote:

Chance...where did you get your dog?? He has the same coloring as ours...out of the von Greif dogs in Iowa, via Idalou, Texas.

Our male

and female

German Shorthairs

CoyoteLL,
Who in Idalou is raising bird dogs? We live in Lubbock ,and my wife teaches school out there. Just wondering, we will be in the market for another pup in a year or two.

John

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/13/05 02:37 PM

JBPointer, Without a doubt. We found out 7 years ago there was no better place or way to train our dogs than on live bird and we have been family members at the Flying P ever since we won a hunt there 7 years ago at the Hunters Extravaganza. Great place and people. We do a ton of training and work on our dogs there too to keep them sharp and get them ready for the wild bird hunts.

Posted By: JBPointer

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/13/05 05:39 PM

Tell ol' Mr. Tim Myers he needs to do something about his GSP's they just don't seem to work worth a darn. And that Setter Saddie just doesn't seem to do the job either, I think their may be something wrong with her noise. Tell him to keep trying though, he might want to try out an English Pointer that goes by the name Milky.

Posted By: forthebirds

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/15/05 01:15 AM

this is Coke hes a big old 8 weeks here

him at 6 months this was jun

now hes 9 months i dont have a new pic but twice this size now him i can get him on some late season ducks, cant wait to run him hard next year

Posted By: boomer817

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/15/05 01:23 AM

This is my new Partner in Crime, we named her "NOLA"

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/15/05 01:29 AM

I know I already posted pics. of Ruger but I'm a proud Dad. Here he's 12 months I believe. Again he's a registered yellow but he's white from head to toe.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/15/05 12:41 PM

Those are all great looking retrievers, guys. I've been using this summer to work my GSP into a water dog. He's 16 months in these pics. He went and got snake proofed last weekend at the LSGSPC event... He's not real fond of snakes now

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/15/05 02:39 PM

First_Chance-Please PM me and let me know where you got Chance from! Again for the 10th time, He's an awsome looking hound!!

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/16/05 02:33 PM

My main man Doc!!

Now this is what its all about!! Doc on point, Reba and Sadie backing!

Posted By: portsider44

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/16/05 03:16 PM

ANother of my pup at 14wks

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/16/05 03:47 PM

awesome pics birddogger.... it doesn't get any better than that! Last season we had two dogs on the ground and were road hunting them from the truck with a crosswind and as both dogs passed a mesquite on the side of the road they both slammed on the brakes and locked down hard on point with their bodies straight and their heads turned to the birds. The two dogs were in the exact same pose about two feet from each other, side by side. My buddy said "I can't believe I don't have my camera with me right now" ever since then, I bring one along!

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/16/05 04:18 PM

One last photo and then I will quit bragging or posting about our dogs. Its hard to stop though cause I love good dog pictures. This was one great day with lots of snow and good dog work.
Doc on point, Reba, Jake and Sadie backing.

Posted By: Marshal

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/17/05 02:11 PM

I would post mine, but I'm pretty much a computer moron so it may not happen. I have 2; Scout is my English and Dixie is my GSP. I just rescued Dixie from the GSP rescue service. Super sweet dog. Loves to be loved on. I'm trying to convince her that I won't leave her when we are out running. Anyone have advice on what to do when the dog, a bit over 2 years old and trained, won't go but about 40 yards from you and then come back? I've had her running with Scout, my English and she'll tag a long with her, but will always come back while Scout will run for days. Thanks guys for the help and I cannot wait until the season starts!

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/19/05 04:09 AM

Don't quit posting or bragging! That's why the thread was started! Besides, gives me an excuse to keep posting pictures of my dog!

Posted By: 257heaven

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/19/05 02:03 PM

Here's Hank at about 4 months - before he went to school.

And here he is early last season. Mostly blues, but he hangs in there.

I've got to work on some pics in the field. Action is usually just too fast.

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/21/05 05:07 PM

Beautiful V pup portsider44! Glad to see another one that will actually be out hunting. I have owned and trained a Lab, Brittany, a Redbone and a few Walkers. With that background I have been training mine true to her roots as a versatile hunter. I just posted some teal hunting pictures of her on the migratory bird forum.
John

Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/23/05 03:39 PM

BuckBassNDuck, THAT IS AN AMAZING PHOTO! TERRIFIC QUALITY. I HOPE YOU PRINTED AND FRAMED THAT. MAN, YOU COULD SELL THOSE TO A MAGAZINE! I NOW HAVE THAT AS MY WALLPAPER ON MY LAPTOP! TRULY WONDERFUL!

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/23/05 03:42 PM

Jake at three on Lake Proctor wondering where the ducks are!

Posted By: getrdone

Re: let's see your dogs! - 10/25/05 06:08 PM

My dog Duke this Dove season

Re: let's see your dogs! - 10/26/05 12:07 AM

Great pics guys! Keep'em coming! I love to see those action shots! My pup is being force fetched right now but I can't wait until I can get some field photos of her!!

Posted By: Skack

Re: let's see your dogs! - 10/26/05 03:21 AM

Abby....my yellow (white) lab

Re: let's see your dogs! - 10/26/05 03:33 AM

Want to have some pups? If you want "white" labs here you go!!

He's white!!! Notice: Black nose!!!

Re: let's see your dogs! - 10/26/05 03:45 PM

It would take an immaculate conception as she is fixed.......Got tired of chasing her around the house with doggie underwear and minipads.......not to mention her coming into heat during hunting season.....

Abby's nose is black during the summer but turns kinda of a gray red during the winter. I've heard some call it "cold nose".....

Probably will never own a white one again as they are too hard to hide in the duck blind. I have to constantly be aware of her locations to a) keep her hidden, b) and to make sure she can see to mark.....Don't get me wrong, she is a great hunting companion that I could never imagine life without .... and they are beautiful dogs.... but unless one hunts snow geese, it can be a pain keeping them from flaring birds.......

Re: let's see your dogs! - 10/26/05 03:51 PM

Here's a summer pic with black nose....

Posted By: Chet

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/02/05 06:07 PM

My gal Kate (Elhew Etowah Kate) Click here

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/02/05 06:10 PM

Kate on a Tx. covy.........

[image][/image]

Elhew Etowah Girl.......click here

Posted By: RemchesterBrittanys

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/03/05 02:08 AM

Frankie

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/03/05 02:10 AM

Ahhh better... This is Frankie

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/03/05 02:42 AM

Gunner

Posted By: ccolley68

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/03/05 02:49 AM

I hope these show up. I don't really know how to put pictures on here. Anybody got any suggestions on how to do it.

[image]http://tamu.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=15197613[/image]

[image]http://tamu.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=15197618[/image]

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/03/05 01:18 PM

Chance @ 8 months

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/03/05 02:32 PM

RemchesterBrittanys:

Gunner is a nice looking Brittany! His coloring is really neat.

Here is a couple of updated pics of my Brittany Dixie. I need to remember to carry my camera when we are hunting to get some in action pics.

These pics are of Dixie playing with her quail feather stuffed sock.

Posted By: KEILER

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/03/05 02:41 PM

Keiler is my two year old Drahthaar (German Wirehair).

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/03/05 03:00 PM

Rem, Sharp looking dog there with Frankie. What kind of bloodlines does he have in him. Solid looking handsome dog.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/03/05 07:47 PM

Mymyrick, Gunner is an Orange roan out of Nolan's Last Bullet. I love the roan dogs they look really different. I have one male left out of Gunner who is 6 weeks old this saturday, he too is a roan dog. See web site.

Birddogger, Frankie is really out of some smoken show lines but he and his folks have hunt test titles. Frankie has a square head and I call him my Pitany as he has a pitbull head. He is one of the greatest dogs I ever owned. We bought him at 3 with his Championship under his belt and he is spoiled rotten but in a good way. His pedigree and more pictures are on our website.

www.RemchesterBrittanys.com

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/03/05 09:57 PM

Rem, Again he is a sharp looking dog. I love them square heads and that kind of a build. Both my males have similar square heads and are solid 40 lb hard running boys. They never get spoiled either . I take it Gunners mom was a Roan? I really hadn't seen many dogs out of Nolans line that are roans but he is a good looking dog.

Posted By: Redneck_Hunter

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/04/05 06:00 PM

There are some Goldens here. This is TAZ.

Posted By: txdovehunter

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/11/05 10:53 PM

txcornhusker,

You have a beautiful white lab. I have a great 14 year old white lab(named Tuesday) with a 'dudley' nose...just like Skacks'. She was a great retriever years ago as was her mate and sire of four great litters of pups. She still gets excited when she sees me in camo and carrying my guns to my truck. Her life mate made it to 12 years old when I had to put him down about 2 years ago. He was a black lab, a great retriever, and had an excellent pedigree. I really miss that ole boy 'Payday'. Here's a recent pic of the troops...Tuesday girl in the middle separating the other 2 rascals. The second pic is a charcoal painting made of Payday and Tuesday when she was still a young pup.

Posted By: G Posik

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/12/05 12:55 AM

This is Sadie my 2 1/2 year old GSP at work

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/16/05 01:12 PM

That's a good looking shorthair, birdhunter. Where did you get her? bloodline? where do you hunt her?

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/16/05 02:46 PM

Answer those questions birdhunter!! I love me a GSP.
Here is Scamp and Abby working together again last weekend.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/16/05 07:25 PM

Sorry for the slow reply but, been busy with work. I bought her from a quail hunting outfit in Donaldsonville La. I had some training done with her from TGR Kennels in Bullard Tx. I hunt her her in La. on some pen raised birds and wild quail in Ok. south Tx. and some in kansas. As for her blood line I need to get that for you when I get home. She has been on a lot of birds in the past two years. I have a good Toyota truck and can travel to hunt any where at alomst any time. I do not have a lease in Texas but might be looking next year as the company I work for like most oilfield construction companies in New Orleans are looking to move to Houston. If this happens then I can justify a lease for now I look for the public lands and trips with vendors to some of their leases. I grew up just outside of Kerrville Texas and did most of my quail hunting in my youth around Uvalde and points west. I would like to get back there sometime this year for some old time hunts. I will be working on on some pheasants around the middle to the end of December since that is when I can get a hold of some nice pen raised birds. this will get her ready for some pheasant hunts we are planning next year.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/16/05 08:28 PM

Here's my daughter and her dog Linzzy:

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/16/05 11:44 PM

Her blood line goes back to Majestic On Target and Majestic Sure Hit on one side and Pearl River's Tyrell and Ingrid Von Jegerwald on the other side. Not much feild trial in the blood line but plenty of stylish hunting dogs that are birdy. She has hunted with both parents Bill's Pointer and Sophie Fraline along with 4 of her litter mates(13 in the litter and all survived)she is all business in the feild. I have used her for hunting with clients and she has impressed all (even the people I got her from).

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/20/05 01:25 AM

Quote:

txcornhusker,

You have a beautiful white lab. I have a great 14 year old white lab(named Tuesday) with a 'dudley' nose...just like Skacks'.

For the record txdovehunter, a "dudley" is a yellow lab possessing complete pink features based on a chocolate lab factoring including nose, eye socket rims and edges around the mouth or "lips". "Cold nose" or a nose that turns pinkish during the winter months does not constitute a "dudley"...especially when the dog possesses black eye rims and mouth edges 365 days a year (see Abby summer pic a few posts down from the originals)....

Posted By: TxDox21

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/30/05 07:02 AM

This is my 3.5 y/o Brittany named Cody

Posted By: Skybuster05

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/30/05 01:53 PM

I am definately a lab guy but these Britts are really calling my name.

anyway here she is:

http://groups.msn.com/THFShareAlbum/skybuster05.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=283

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/30/05 02:21 PM

TxDox21

Cody is a nice looking Brittany!

Posted By: TxDox21

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/01/05 01:44 AM

Thank you. I love brittanys now. They are amazing dogs.

Posted By: KYBLUEFAN

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/02/05 02:54 AM

getrdone where did you get your dog. reason I'm asking is I gave a yellow away named Duke and the guy lived somewhere down in the metro area.

Posted By: deaconspoint

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/12/05 02:35 AM

Here are some pics of the gang at work. By the way, I have a littler of English Pointers on the way out of the white dog you see here, "Whitey" and my female "Jill".

Gundawgs!!

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/14/05 04:00 PM

Happy Howl-a-days!

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/14/05 04:04 PM

Very cool picture!

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/20/05 03:44 AM

I know I've done my share of showing off my dog but...ran across some pictures of Ruger when he was just a little shaver. Cracked me up to see him that little.

Posted By: luke70

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/21/05 05:59 AM

Heres mine a Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Posted By: Guy

Re: let's see your dogs! - 01/01/06 05:53 AM

Ok, here is my pup Molly, my 8 year old son took pride in naming her. I know everyone is bias about
their own dog, but I promise, I’m completely unbiased when I say SHE IS A BEAUTY!!!!!!!

Down girl!! Quit trying to kiss everyone! That'a Girl!

Posted By: topwater_elvis

Here's my girls Brandi and Bell - 01/03/06 10:59 PM

The girls in Okla last week..............Dixie and Kate - 01/05/06 03:04 PM

Dixie backing Kate south of Buffalo Okla.
[image]http://[/image]

Re: let's see your dogs! - 01/13/06 05:18 PM

I have two labs, Jake who is 5 and his pup, Maggie, who is 4 months old.

Posted By: bradshaw02

Re: let's see your dogs! - 02/08/06 12:17 AM

This is a picture of my two labs from the last week of duck season. They are both one year old but they did pretty good for me this year.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 03/30/06 06:31 PM

Anybody else have pictures of their hounds. Would hate to see this thread die. I've enjoyed it!!

Posted By: hun73r

Re: let's see your dogs! - 03/30/06 07:05 PM

Here is my vizsla Cleo

And here is Caesar

Re: let's see your dogs! - 03/30/06 07:18 PM

Nice sig there hunt73r!! I like that.

Posted By: hun73r

Re: let's see your dogs! - 03/31/06 02:57 AM

Thanks TCH. I am thinking about starting an organization called Green Peas and our slogan will be "Save the Broccoli!"

Re: let's see your dogs! - 03/31/06 03:01 AM

Re: let's see your dogs! - 03/31/06 06:44 PM

More of Scamp and Abby working together....

And Scamp loves him some snow. Taken in Lubbock just 9 days ago.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 03/31/06 09:00 PM

Quote:

"Save the Broccoli!"

LMAO

Posted By: Allen

Re: let's see your dogs! - 04/12/06 09:25 PM

After a hard days work.......

Re: let's see your dogs! - 04/14/06 06:26 PM

A buddie of mine just got himself a SUPER high dollar pup. That's all well and good but look at that 12 o'clock tail!!! He's already a stud. His name is Gunner.

Posted By: MarkE

Re: let's see your dogs! - 04/14/06 06:30 PM

MAN. That is a fine looking dog!

Posted By: Allen

Re: let's see your dogs! - 04/14/06 07:58 PM

This is zane my 5 year old son with "HIS" chessie, Jake. We had a good morning that day.

Posted By: BigBow

Re: let's see your dogs! - 04/17/06 01:47 AM

worked w/ Amos this weekend up in Oklahoma @ my folks....took a pic

Re: let's see your dogs! - 04/19/06 03:19 PM

Great looking pup Cornhusker, looks like a Miller's dog, your buddy better get a good handle on him now cause they tend to scoot alittle.

Chet
PS Looked for your PM and didn't find it, so I guess you didn't get me confussed.

Posted By: flaggert

Re: let's see your dogs! - 04/26/06 03:00 PM

Now THAT's a dog. Where did you get your Vizsla?

Posted By: Fence-Tek Brush Control

Re: let's see your dogs! - 05/19/06 02:08 PM

I love those light colored labs!
You can view my dogs @
www.mistkennels.com

Re: let's see your dogs! - 05/19/06 02:54 PM

Me too!

Are all those dogs yours?

Posted By: Fence-Tek Brush Control

Re: let's see your dogs! - 05/19/06 03:36 PM

I have a partner in the dogs we do horse back field trials. And have lots of dog the ones that do not make trial dogs we sell to quail hunters a great relationship! We raise 3 to 4 litters a year looking for that one great dog! We are in it for ourselves but have sold some very fine hunting dogs in the past.

Posted By: DukHunter3691

Re: let's see your dogs! - 05/20/06 01:20 PM

Here is Radar bringing back my daughter's first duck!

Posted By: Wes70

Re: let's see your dogs! - 05/23/06 12:05 PM

My new EP. 9 weeks old. Went to Cabela's last night and spent way to much money on her already. Hope to put that good money to work come fall.

Her name is Molly.

Even the dogs get bored in the summer! - 06/14/06 06:21 PM

Here's my 2 y/o Shorthair in the backyard pointing... of all things... a fricken LIZARD. I was SO proud I had to open another beer and then took this picture. He doesn't know it yet, but that got him a front row seat in "snake avoidance" class again this year!!

Posted By: Red Earth

Re: Even the dogs get bored in the summer! - 06/14/06 07:28 PM

Here are a few of our dogs in the kennel....

DK's and GSP's

Just a few!

Phil

Re: Even the dogs get bored in the summer! - 06/15/06 12:36 PM

Nice looking dogs Red Earth. Welcome to the forum.

Posted By: Red Earth

Re: Even the dogs get bored in the summer! - 06/17/06 01:14 AM

Thanks!

Been hanging around a spell....Not from The big State, but not to far off either. I have several clients with ranches down your way though.

Phil

Re: Even the dogs get bored in the summer! - 08/08/06 06:37 PM

Quote:

Holy cow!! How did I miss this hound?!? That is one beautiful dog!!

Posted By: DukHunter3691

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/14/06 01:12 AM

This is my dog RADAR from a hunt in January 2006 west of Houston Texas...

Posted By: Reckless Cheri

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/24/06 04:27 PM

Soon as I figure it out or somebody tells how to put up a picture, I'll show y'all mine.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 08/29/06 04:40 PM

You like GSPs?

Re: Even the dogs get bored in the summer! - 08/29/06 04:54 PM

That's a beautiful dog there, first_chance. That's style.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/07/06 06:32 PM

Got this little guy on Monday(I asked for him then). My math was a little off again and I thought he would be 7 weeks labor day weekend...he's not!! He is 6 weeks. He is a little fart. He has yet to poop in the house or in the laundry room(where he sleeps). Seems almost impossible but it is true. I will open the back door and that little guy will run out to the grass to poop and pee. The Wife is working very hard to spoil him rotten. She lets him sit on her lap in the chair. So he will go right over to the chair now and try to get up on the furniture... He's going to be a real nice looking hound...going to get him on some live birds in a couple/few months...until then he will be pointing the wings in the backyard...

Posted By: BOOBOO

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/08/06 12:03 AM

Great looking pup Husker, good luck with him!

Posted By: Skoal Runs Kennel

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/08/06 12:31 AM

I have a couple that are gonna look a lot like him
BOOBOO. How many you want? check em out
www.skoalrunkennels.com

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/08/06 11:22 AM

That's a mighty fine looking beast there, TCH. Holler at me when you get ready for some birds and I'll drop a bunch of Fort Worth's finest by!! Good luck with him.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/08/06 12:40 PM

Quote:

That's a mighty fine looking beast there, TCH. Holler at me when you get ready for some birds and I'll drop a bunch of Fort Worth's finest by!! Good luck with him.

Thank you Sir...and will do.

Posted By: BradleyGT

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/08/06 06:24 PM

That is a great looking pup. I would have GSP if the wife didn't want a grey dog.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/08/06 06:42 PM

Hey man my black roan looks kinda gray!!!

Posted By: Bradbury

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/08/06 06:50 PM

Mine is in my sig.

Best buddy a man can have.....now I just have to find the right female to breed him too.

Posted By: BOOBOO

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/09/06 01:22 AM

I checked your website and those dogs do look real nice. I will keep you in mind because I may need a couple more dogs once i get down there and start guiding full time. I got my hands full with the 5 I have right now.

Posted By: TXMikeMcC

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/14/06 07:40 AM

I just got a new 6 week old black lab pup named "Ruger". Hopefully she will turn out to be a good one.

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/14/06 03:09 PM

My mutant Saint Bernard

Don't let that cute face fool ya, she's a killer.

Posted By: Guy

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/14/06 03:22 PM

Quote:

My mutant Saint Bernard

Don't let that cute face fool ya, she's a killer.

Looks like she can only carry a shot or 2 of brandy though.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/14/06 04:13 PM

What in the HELL is a gundog named "Ruger" doing with a pink collar on? What's wrong with you man, did you let your wife dress her? Just kidding... nice looking pup. Welcome to the forum.

Posted By: TXMikeMcC

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/15/06 02:35 PM

hehe, you guesed it the wife did dress her. I'm just waiting for her neck to get big enough and I'll get her a nice camo collar.

Posted By: txdovehunter

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/20/06 01:40 PM

Meet T-Boy....the wild wabbit hunter and UT fan!

Posted By: Ashley

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/21/06 05:55 PM

Hercules...
My husband was THRILLED when I wanted a yorkie.

Posted By: BigBow

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/21/06 07:53 PM

Quote:

Hercules...

I bet he was!

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/21/06 07:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hercules...

I bet he was!

Posted By: yellowsnow

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/22/06 05:57 PM

The greatest GSP

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=12842115&uid=4247383&members=1

Posted By: JeremyKS

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/24/06 03:11 PM

here is gunner when I picked him from the breeder

here he is on birds at 6 mo

again at 6 mo

here he is at 9 mo

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/25/06 02:13 PM

Took a couple pictures of the hounds last night. Here is Blockhead(Ruger) and the new GSP(Colt).

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/26/06 12:50 AM

3.5 yr old Weim - Rocket

8 week old GPS Remmie

4.5 old Golden mix and Remmie

Rocket and Remmie

Rocket

Re: let's see your dogs! - 09/26/06 06:25 PM

YOU GUYS HAVE SOME GREAT LOOKING DOGS!!!

Posted By: shsuducks

Re: let's see your dogs! - 10/12/06 06:37 PM

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/shsuducks/DSCN1878.jpg

Re: let's see your dogs! - 10/30/06 04:59 PM

Took a couple pictures this morning after working with the pup. He's really coming along well.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 10/30/06 06:08 PM

Here are a couple of my GSP on point over the weekend.

Posted By: Burrito

Re: let's see your dogs! - 10/31/06 02:08 AM

Posted By: shsuducks

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/01/06 12:42 AM

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/shsuducks/DSCN1878.jpg
My pup suzie

Posted By: Quail Dog 1

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/14/06 08:00 PM

First Chance, I have a 18 month old pup I got from D2. What kind of range does chance have in open country?

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/15/06 12:51 PM

he's gotten pretty good at keeping his range to suit the terrain. If we are working open country out of a truck, he'll run with the EP's and work a lot of country. He likes to stay in touch with me so if it's hilly, he'll cut it back and if it's tight foot stuff, he stays pretty close. He's whistle trained, so basically, he'll range as far as I let him in open country and he seems to be pretty good about figuring that out once I turn him a few times with the whistle. Just curious, but do you have a "Buddy Lee or a Kid pup"?

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/15/06 03:17 PM

Mine is from Kid and Birds Jill the Thrill. He was a slow starter, didn't start running pretty good until he was about 10 months. He too seems to hunt with the lay of the land, seems to have pretty good stamna and handles the heat as good as my pointers do. He is a very easy going dog, not a mean bone in his body, but he does love birds. He's whoa broke, broke to the gun, has a good handle and is starting to hold wild birds. He is wanting to creep on the pen raided birds.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/15/06 05:29 PM

Chance (middle one in the pic) is a D2 Buddy Lee - Uodibar's 'C' Dot Run product and I remember David telling me that about his Kid pups when i got Chance... that they were slow starters, but ALL natural. He's putting some outstanding dogs on the ground, great temperament, biddabilty and drive. I put several friends on to his dogs and they are all the same. I'm headed down this weekend to hunt with a buddy that has a male out of the same litter that yours came out of, he's an 18 month kid/jill pup also.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/15/06 06:06 PM

Hey that's sound great! Let me know how his pup does! What part of the country are you hunting in?

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/15/06 06:12 PM

I hunt in the Albany, Throckmorton, Aspermont area for the most part, but also get a chance to hunt a few weekends down in South Texas also, around Hebbronville. What about you?

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/15/06 06:31 PM

About 95% of my hunting is done on the Fort Hood Military Reservation. I live just a few miles away. Usually after deer season we try to day hunt some places around Coleman or Brady. There aren't many quail on Fort Hood but the dogs appreciate getting out and I love to follow them.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 11/27/06 02:44 PM

First Chance, you had mentioned you were going to hunt with a litter mate to my dog. Did that ever materialize? How did the pup do?

Posted By: DoNisUglyFat

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/08/06 04:37 PM

Does my retriever seem a bit small he was the runt but DANG!!!
He is mixed with a Shorthair

web page

Posted By: WEnglish

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/08/06 10:28 PM

Quote:

These are my two. Cappy is a 6-1/2 yo male and his lil sister Remi is a 10 mo old fox red female.

Biz ... I see you are in Fannin County. We are just outside of Ivanhoe on FM 273. Built a home on 132 acres and put in 4 training ponds. We'll be at the 9-22 DU dinner in Bonham. How about you?

what blood line does your female have.....

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/08/06 10:31 PM

Hr Sir Buddy Big English's Daddy Sr, 17 month old yela dawg..

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/08/06 10:39 PM

Lady 8 mo, going through FF....

Posted By: Skybuster05

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/09/06 01:36 AM

Thats awesome!!! Ha Ha

Posted By: cbump

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/09/06 02:27 AM

[/image]

7 week old Remington

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/12/06 01:26 AM

Posted By: Diezel_Rocker

Re: let's see your dogs! - 12/26/06 12:42 AM

Conan 2 years old, 110lbs, great dog, my bud

Posted By: Darren

Re: let's see your dogs! - 01/11/07 08:27 PM

Here is Danger's first duck of the year

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/dsm0721/photo/294928804156723064/0

Posted By: Fred S

Re: let's see your dogs! - 01/17/07 11:15 PM

Re: let's see your dogs! - 01/18/07 08:40 PM

Got ol' Colt out last week. He pointed his first group of wild birds. Didn't get a picture but I did when we got home. Here is Colt and Ruger. He will sit there and wait until Ruger is finished with it.

This is about the closest thing to exercise this ol' boy likes!!

Going to get some pictures of Colt in the field this weekend.

Posted By: redraider1

Re: let's see your dogs! - 01/18/07 09:48 PM

My new Britt. patches

Posted By: Omaney

Re: let's see your dogs! - 01/25/07 01:25 AM

This is Tonks. She doesn't hunt, she only counter surfs...but she's one of my best pals!!

Re: let's see your dogs! - 01/25/07 04:23 AM

Great photos one and all!

Posted By: hunting dog

Re: let's see your dogs! - 01/25/07 04:26 PM

She is 15 Yrs old but still love to get her some doves.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: let's see your dogs! - 02/05/07 05:02 PM

Ok, now we can add to this thread. Here's Mya, 7 weeks today

Posted By: GWS147

Re: let's see your dogs! - 02/07/07 01:48 AM

SADIE AT 5 MONTHS. WANTING TO GO FOR A WALK.

Re: let's see your dogs! - 03/27/07 05:11 PM

Hey TreeBass, you have an updated picture of Mya? Just want to see how she looks. She sure is a pretty pup!

Posted By: BnT

Re: let's see your dogs! - 06/30/13 04:50 AM

bump for some pics of blockheads.

Got me looking tonight the missus and I were talking about getting another dog and shes ok with a lab so long as it's a blockhead.

Any out there?
Posted By: Ol_Yeller

Re: let's see your dogs! - 06/30/13 01:02 PM

Here's my pup Jack @ 15mo. He's Am/Brit cross.

Posted By: JD05AG

Re: let's see your dogs! - 06/30/13 03:36 PM

Here's Chula. It was cold that night and we had just gotten the white comforter out of the dryer. She's a little spoiled.

Posted By: BnT

Re: let's see your dogs! - 06/30/13 03:43 PM

Lol, wife said thered be a dead Chula.
Posted By: Angie B

Re: let's see your dogs! - 06/30/13 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: BnT
bump for some pics of blockheads.

Got me looking tonight the missus and I were talking about getting another dog and shes ok with a lab so long as it's a blockhead.

Any out there?

I will have some the end of July. Scroll down to the last litter on my puppy page.

http://www.tiogaretrievers.com/?page_id=211

Angie
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: let's see your dogs! - 06/30/13 05:24 PM

Here's my lab, Barkley. She's kind of a shrimp as far as labs go and only weighs in at about 48 pounds, but she gets it done. The small size is nice inside the house. She's about a year an a half now. She was a little over a year back in January in the hunting pictures:

Posted By: cactusflyr

Re: let's see your dogs! - 06/30/13 09:14 PM

Scout, at 3 1/2 months. Dont pick her up till the end of July. Same sire as Jack shown above. Is Jack out of Rascal or Echo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8oT6guVaAjg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xXq3jJHGfvQ
Posted By: whiteowl

Re: let's see your dogs! - 06/30/13 10:44 PM

Kates 1st Jr. pass

Kates 1st Sr. Pass

Sadie @ 4 now 9

TY 4 months

Posted By: Ol_Yeller

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/01/13 01:23 PM

[quote=cactusflyr]Scout, at 3 1/2 months. Dont pick her up till the end of July. Same sire as Jack shown above. Is Jack out of Rascal or Echo?

Jack is out of Rascal.
Scout looks darn good!! Glad to see ya'll keepin' Dawn busy!
Posted By: cactusflyr

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/01/13 01:35 PM

She has enough down there to keep her busy, but yes. They had 2 litters a day apart in March. Scout is out of Echo, looking for a more reserved pup and it looks like I got it. Jack sure looks awesome.

Originally Posted By: Ol_Yeller
[quote=cactusflyr]Scout, at 3 1/2 months. Dont pick her up till the end of July. Same sire as Jack shown above. Is Jack out of Rascal or Echo?

Jack is out of Rascal.
Scout looks darn good!! Glad to see ya'll keepin' Dawn busy!
Posted By: Adub2123

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/01/13 10:42 PM

Here are a few of my GWP!

Posted By: D-unit

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/02/13 01:41 PM

My 9 week old DD.
Posted By: Joel907

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/07/13 03:35 AM

My old man Coot

GSP. Crickit

My CBR Jake
Posted By: Triple7

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/07/13 01:17 PM

Rock and Sam swimming at my folk pond

Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/07/13 02:35 PM

Duck Bustin Bocephus, 5 years old.

Major, 10 months
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/07/13 03:38 PM

Posted By: J-HO11

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/08/13 02:16 AM

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/J-HO113/null_zps5eab9b90.jpg?t=1373248769
Posted By: greygooser

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/08/13 11:40 PM

Goose the Weimaraner. 20 months old and 65lbs of full on eat anything machine. Tile, poop, drywall, dryer sheets. Nothing will escape his gullet.

Posted By: SoTxtracker

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/09/13 05:50 AM

My partner diesel, he tracks, takes down animals and takes on hogs

About a 300+ pound boar he caught and bayed himself
Posted By: STXHO

Re: let's see your dogs! - 07/11/13 04:44 AM

Here's my favorite hunting partner. - Dee, 3 year old brittany spaniel.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum