Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting Dilemma

Posted By: stinkbelly

Hunting Dilemma - 10/31/11 07:14 PM

This weekend is a huge hunting dilemma. It is opening weekend of duck season. It is opening weekend of quail season for me because I read the rules wrong and wrote last weekend on the calendar as opening youth quail weekend. My buddy wants me to go deer hunting with him at our lease. I saw a couple of shooter deer at my other hunting land. And to top it off, I need to train Deuce because it is a couple of weeks until we go to Kansas.

So how can I fit this all in? Saturday all day quail, Sunday morning Duck, Sunday evening deer. I guess I can do some on the job training for Deuce. If it all works out he can get some upland, waterfoul, and blood tracking work in all in one weekend.

I just realized Deuce has never ridden in my kayak. I need some kayak time. I hope to get both dogs in the kayak.

Posted By: kindall

Re: Hunting Dilemma - 10/31/11 07:22 PM

Its easy. Just take off work Thursday and Friday.

Posted By: RGV Hunter

Re: Hunting Dilemma - 10/31/11 07:46 PM

Good problems to have!

Posted By: DoubleB20

Re: Hunting Dilemma - 10/31/11 08:04 PM

I'd skip the plan for quail - not many to be had, we'll get that in when we go to Kansas!

Hopefully, Duece can work on tracking my deer!

We can hunt ducks early, then try and rattle up a buck.

Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: Hunting Dilemma - 10/31/11 08:15 PM

It appears they've got you covered! Now just relax, take it all in and ENJOY!!! We've got the whole season(s) ahead of us!!!!

Re: Hunting Dilemma - 10/31/11 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: DoubleB20
I'd skip the plan for quail - not many to be had, we'll get that in when we go to Kansas!

The quail hunt would really just be a 25 mile walk with dogs, pack, and a gun.

Posted By: blkf250diesel

Re: Hunting Dilemma - 11/01/11 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: RGV Hunter
Good problems to have!

X2!!

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Hunting Dilemma - 11/02/11 01:10 AM

I honestly feel bad for you.

NOT !

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Hunting Dilemma - 11/02/11 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: DoubleB20

X2

Re: Hunting Dilemma - 11/02/11 12:07 PM

So who wants to go? We can hit a piece of public land for quail on Saturday and then some other public land for ducks on Sunday. Or I can do it all at the lease and chase away all the deer while DoubleB20 is hunting.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum