Texas Hunting Forum

Bird introduction....

Posted By: QuackStacker

Bird introduction.... - 08/25/11 09:06 PM

I looked out the kitchen window and there was a pigeon hanging out in my yard, his last mistake! i put on the sneak attack... slid the door open, put the barrel of the ol pellet rifle thru the blinds and POW. he flopped and limped away. i yelled for Lola and pointed him out to her, she got jacked up! this was her first time ever introduced to a bird, live or dead.. she chased and jumped on him without hesitation. i was a proud pappa! :nanner: she chased him around the yard for a while. i threw it but, she wanted to play and chew more than retrieve, she's not too sure about biting and holding, im sure that will come.

Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: Bird introduction.... - 08/25/11 10:42 PM

Hey, she caught it and didn't give up! GREAT!!! The rest just leave to obedience training... she's got the instinct and that's the part that's hard (if not impossible) to make up for!

Posted By: QuackStacker

Re: Bird introduction.... - 08/26/11 03:10 PM

we tried the pigeon again this morning, she was fired up to chase it, but still unsure about picking it up. couple times she drug it back by its wing, and a few times she picked it up by a foot... as long as she brings it back, i'm happy!

Posted By: Mud Shark

Re: Bird introduction.... - 08/26/11 06:38 PM

FF her when she is old enough, in which ever manner you see fit. It will fix that.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum