Texas Hunting Forum

Pigeons

Posted By: DoubleB20

Pigeons - 01/26/11 05:50 PM

The latest Pointing Dog Journal just reprinted an article about pigeons. It included the drawings for a small coop and a little info about keeping pigeons. I'm going to scan it and tuck it away for future use. I could be persuaded to send a copy if you PM me your email address.

On a side note, a friend of mine has some common pigeons for $3 each. He's in Abilene, TX. PM me for his contact information.

Posted By: sigav8r

Re: Pigeons - 01/28/11 01:21 AM

Are the pigeons homers or just wild? I'd be interested.

Posted By: Irishmule

Re: Pigeons - 01/28/11 01:35 AM

I read the article and it is really, really good.
Elhew

Posted By: DoubleB20

Re: Pigeons - 01/28/11 02:02 AM

His pigeons are just wild ones.

Posted By: WinMag

Re: Pigeons - 01/28/11 04:02 AM

Build you a small pen and get a couple of pair of homers or wild birds and let them raise some young birds for you. The birds you raise will stay around and trap back into the pen. You will need to buy acouple of bobs to make a trap to allow the birds back in the pen. The bobs run around fifty cents each.

Re: Pigeons - 01/29/11 01:54 AM

I am just curious of where you found bobs for 50 cents each? I would love to improve my loft and this would be a great start.
Thanks so much!
Elhew

Posted By: WinMag

Re: Pigeons - 01/29/11 04:23 AM

I bought some last year from Siegels or Global pigeon supply; cant remember which one but they were the european bobs.

Re: Pigeons - 01/29/11 01:28 PM

Thanks so much for the info. I will check it out today.
Elhew

Posted By: Jimbo113

Re: Pigeons - 02/25/11 02:11 AM

Howdy Y'all,
Foys Pigeon Supplies usually has some good deals on single bobs or whole traps too. This is Jimbo from Abilene by the way. I do have about 60 wild pigeons caught up now if someone needs some at $3 each. Good strong healthy birds. I do also have racing homers but don't have any to spare right at the moment.
Thanks for the plug DoubleB20, LOL.

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Pigeons - 02/25/11 04:54 AM

Yall know where to get any pigeons near the Waco area?

I'd be interested in those plans. PM sent.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum