Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a Deer Lease In East Texas

Posted By: DallasSniper

Looking for a Deer Lease In East Texas - 05/01/22 07:04 PM

I am looking for a deer lease in East Texas for my family to enjoy. Myself, wife and two children. Very responsible and will most certainly take care of the property.

Thank you
Posted By: Russ79

Re: Looking for a Deer Lease In East Texas - 05/01/22 11:09 PM

Don't know what part of east Texas you are open to but in the next few weeks there should be tracts showing up for bid on www.crownpineleasing.com timber company land.

Re: Looking for a Deer Lease In East Texas - 05/03/22 03:05 AM

How does that work?

Re: Looking for a Deer Lease In East Texas - 05/03/22 02:46 PM

You go to their website and watch for tracts to become available. If you see something that interests you I would highly recommend that you go look it over- sometimes the maps are not up to date and it may look different on the ground than from the air. There will be a minimum bid amount. If you are looking for just yourself then determine how much you are willing to spend to get it and then figure out how much that would be per acre and submit that as your bid. You will first have to register on their website so they will have your info in order to let you know if you win the bid. If you are wanting this and have some buddies to hunt with then ya'll get together and determine how much each individual is willing to spend per year to lease this- total this amount and figure your dollars/acre and submit that as your bid. You get one chance at this (I don't know if anyone has had second thoughts and sent in a second bid)- this is not an auction where you bid against others. Put in a bid and hope for the best.
Posted By: JB1316

Re: Looking for a Deer Lease In East Texas - 05/03/22 05:27 PM

Hey Russ,
I was a member of the Haussin Hunting Club for 3 years in E Texas, about 30 minutes north of Jasper. The property was about 3,000 acres and run by a guy named Billy. It was Crown Timber Company. Heavily wooded, and it was pretty loosely managed. Guy running it pretty much said if it's legal, you're fine and left you alone. It was cheap, about $900 a year and I could bring family out and the occasional friend.
There was pretty regular turnover with the members. Deer hunting wasn't great, but it was cheap and a fun place to hunt hogs and take my kids camping. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and i'll send you the number I had for Billy. No idea if he's still running it as I stopped leasing in 2018, but he lived next to the property so assume he'd still be doing it.

Re: Looking for a Deer Lease In East Texas - 05/03/22 07:21 PM

I currently have three timber company leases with them- they have changed names about three times since I started leasing from them.

Re: Looking for a Deer Lease In East Texas - 05/04/22 01:37 AM

JB that sounds like what I am looking for!
Posted By: JB1316

Re: Looking for a Deer Lease In East Texas - 05/04/22 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by DallasSniper
JB that sounds like what I am looking for!

I'll PM you the contact. Hope it works out

Re: Looking for a Deer Lease In East Texas - 05/07/22 10:11 PM

Thank you. Still looking for other options too.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum