Texas Hunting Forum

Pitchfork Ranch - (King County) Guthrie

Posted By: TxHornHunter2021

Pitchfork Ranch - (King County) Guthrie - 09/20/21 07:31 PM

Pitchfork Ranch – King County, Texas

Looking for two (2) individuals to join our hunting lease on the famed Pitchfork Ranch. A total of four (4) will be on this pasture. This pasture has not been previously leased. The pasture is approximately 4400 acres. The cost for the lease will be $6600. per member. Each member shall be required to place two (2) stands and two (2) feeders on the pasture. Each member shall be able to hunt any and all stands.

There are no facilities and no water. You must run generators for now as we are discussing dropping a meter at a nearby power pole.

Four-wheel drive vehicles or other utv / atv will be needed to travel the lease.

We are looking for drama free members. We want to work together and hunt together and have an enjoyable time on the ranch. Family members are permitted, and must be accompanied with the member at all times.
We are under a MLD system, so this means hunting can start in October and run through February using the ranches license and not your license.

One (1) mature whitetail buck, does (number shall be provided by the biologist shortly), management bucks (as determined by the biologist), all hogs you see, coyotes, etc. We shall report ALL animals harvested on a log.
If you must shoot a trophy or a number of deer each season, this is not your kind of lease.

I understand this is very short notice, but this pasture was just released and we need to get moving on it.

Mature whitetail buck is defined as a whitetail buck deer that is at least 4½ years old having at least eight points with at least a 15 inch inside spread and scoring at least 130 B&C gross points.
Management buck is defined as a buck at least 4½ years old with clearly inferior genetics as determined by ranch management.

TxHornHunter2021@gmail.com

or

boxblinds@gmail.com
Posted By: freerange

Re: Pitchfork Ranch - (King County) Guthrie - 09/20/21 07:58 PM

Sounds great. Do you know why it hasnt been leased before? I’m not saying that should matter, but curious. Also, some of that ranch has mule deer, does this pasture not?
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Pitchfork Ranch - (King County) Guthrie - 09/20/21 08:07 PM

I Noticed that this is your first post. Welcome to the forum. welcome
Posted By: TxHornHunter2021

Re: Pitchfork Ranch - (King County) Guthrie - 09/20/21 09:23 PM

Not all of the 165000 acres ranch was leased ..some were only hunted by family or a few guided hunts
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Pitchfork Ranch - (King County) Guthrie - 09/20/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.
I Noticed that this is your first post. Welcome to the forum. welcome

welcome
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Pitchfork Ranch - (King County) Guthrie - 09/20/21 10:04 PM

Heckuva an entrance. welcome
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Pitchfork Ranch - (King County) Guthrie - 09/21/21 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by freerange
Sounds great. Do you know why it hasnt been leased before? I’m not saying that should matter, but curious. Also, some of that ranch has mule deer, does this pasture not?

The new available pastures were previously used for guided hunts only and not leased out. This yr the Pitchfork went away from guided hunts and is leasing out a lot more pastures than they have in years past.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Pitchfork Ranch - (King County) Guthrie - 09/21/21 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
Originally Posted by freerange

The new available pastures were previously used for guided hunts only and not leased out. This yr the Pitchfork went away from guided hunts and is leasing out a lot more pastures than they have in years past.

Thanks Sapper. If any are available next year I hope someone lets me know.
Posted By: Sewer rat

Re: Pitchfork Ranch - (King County) Guthrie - 09/21/21 03:36 AM

Are there any publicly available maps of the pitchfork online? I have worked on there in the past many years ago and in some places it is obvious where it is but others not so much. Where I hunt I don’t think directly borders it but is pretty close. Just curious is all. I have seen mule deer all over the ranch.

This is a great deal on a great place. I have never hunted it but have spent a few months there working and it is amazing. I have a friend who hunts there and he loves it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum