Texas Hunting Forum

Facebook - Deer Lease Available

Posted By: Pope&Young

Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/14/21 10:18 PM

First of all, I have nothing to do with this lease what so ever.
I came across it on Facebook and thought I would share.

Not sure but this could be a good opportunity for a couple of hunters up

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/870349720542122/
Posted By: Judd

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/16/21 02:12 PM

525 acres and 6 people...sounds perfect roflmao

I know you're just trying to help and it is a nice gesture but that place sounds like a disaster.
Posted By: batman

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/16/21 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd

I know you're just trying to help and it is a nice gesture but that place sounds like a disaster.

I didn't look, nor have Facebook, but just because a lease "allows" a certain amount of hunters doesn't mean you can't reduce and pay more per hunter.

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/16/21 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by batman

I didn't look, nor have Facebook, but just because a lease "allows" a certain amount of hunters doesn't mean you can't reduce and pay more per hunter.

It would help if you clicked on the ad and read it first. But you're right...except in this situation you're wrong...I did click on the link and they already have 4 but looking for 2 more wink

FYI - I don't have gaybook either and clicked on the link, you can look at it regardless.
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/18/21 04:31 AM

The guy was just trying to help. You do not need to jump on him for it. It may not be for you, but it might just help out someone. Please keep negative comments to oneself.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/18/21 04:33 PM

Might be good for someone who has no place to hunt. Maybe better then sitting at home wishing for a place to go to.
Posted By: bp3

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/19/21 12:54 AM

A butt load of deer in that area, depends on how open it is and is hunted.

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/19/21 04:04 AM

My apologies…I had no idea so many folks would be willing to spend $3,000 for 87 acres and a place to stay. I clearly stand corrected.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/19/21 04:28 AM

That area has a lot of deer, generally speaking. Of course every place is different. It doesn't surprise me at all. Good accommodations add lots of value.
Posted By: Williep

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/19/21 04:50 AM

Harper has some good deer in it. That's kind of small for 6 people, but desperate times. Comes with a stand, feeders and a cabin. For the person who has none of that it would be a good deal. It's a little far for me, but if it's still available and I still don't have a place I can see myself seriously considering it.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/19/21 10:53 AM

My apologies…I had no idea so many folks would be willing to spend $3,000 for 87 acres and a place to stay. I clearly stand corrected.

It is not so much about acres per hunter but amount of deer per hunt or deer density. That area could be a deer to 3 acres...87 acres would be 29 deer per hunter. At a deer to 6 acres it would be 15 deer per hunter. There are a couple of larger ranches in that area that produce 140 class deer also with no protein...just numbers control. I saw pics of one buck killed close to Harper last year that scored in low 140's and another 130 class deer off the same ranch. Is it high $ for the area? A little but today everything is high.
Posted By: Sauerkraut

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 07/21/21 02:50 PM

I have a friend that shares a 350 acre lease with 4 other guys. Seems like too many, but they all work together, communicate, and it produces some nice deer and doesn't even necessarily feel over-crowded. I would think the quality of hunters and relationships make all the difference on a place like that.
Posted By: Williep

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 08/07/21 12:46 AM

Seems someone took it. The post is gone now.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Facebook - Deer Lease Available - 08/09/21 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by batman

It would help if you clicked on the ad and read it first. But you're right...except in this situation you're wrong...I did click on the link and they already have 4 but looking for 2 more wink

FYI - I don't have gaybook either and clicked on the link, you can look at it regardless.

Gaybook? Dare I even ask what that means, assuming it has any meaning at all?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum