Texas Hunting Forum

1 Spot Available ~ Briscoe County

Posted By: reeder05

1 Spot Available ~ Briscoe County - 04/22/21 04:41 PM

Roughly 16,800 acres, with approximately 5 miles of river frontage on the Prairie Dog Town Fork of the Red River. Hunted exclusively for the last 18 years by myself and family, looking to add one hunter to the current group of 4 for a total of 5 hunters on this large ranch. Extensive deer management with 150" + whitetails have been taken. Mule deer are there but haven't been hunted hard at all. Turkey and hogs are in good numbers. Ponds stocked, decent bass have been caught. Small cabin for cooking, RV hook ups with electric and water. Entire lease can be driven easily with a 4WD vehicle on the roads that are bladed by the rancher.

Opening weekend, members only. For the balance of deer season, wife and school age children are more than welcome. They can harvest off member's legal game limit. Other guests are allowed during the off season, but not in excess or in a problematic manner. Stands are private. Feeding is encouraged. We feed corn year round, protein during times determined by the owner of that set up location.

The rancher is mostly on site, as is a hand that lives in a house at the entrance. The rancher is very long term in the area, and easy going. Serious hunters preferred. Not looking for hard partiers, but do not mind responsible drinking.

The lease term is year round, $5000.00 per. Please PM for details.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: 1 Spot Available ~ Briscoe County - 04/22/21 04:56 PM

Man, this is neat country and sounds like a great set up. Just too far for me. Is 1 mule deer buck included in the $5K? And you might want to specify minimums you're looking for of that buck. (I was on a place one year that if it was a mule deer and had horns, it was dying. Terrible approach.)
Posted By: Sauerkraut

Re: 1 Spot Available ~ Briscoe County - 04/22/21 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
(I was on a place one year that if it was a mule deer and had horns, it was dying. Terrible approach.)

Illegal to shoot anything smaller than 20" in Briscoe I believe.
Posted By: reeder05

Re: 1 Spot Available ~ Briscoe County - 04/23/21 11:29 AM

Not letting me edit my post... But yes, a legal mule deer (Briscoe County has AR on Mule Deer) is included.
Posted By: Frankie B

Re: 1 Spot Available ~ Briscoe County - 04/25/21 06:39 PM

Sent you a PM
Posted By: Frankie B

Re: 1 Spot Available ~ Briscoe County - 04/27/21 07:49 PM

Left voicemail Monday evening.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum