Texas Hunting Forum

One deer lease spot open- Caddo, TX (Breckenridge)

Posted By: ChadTRG42

One deer lease spot open- Caddo, TX (Breckenridge) - 08/11/20 02:50 AM

We have one spot on our deer lease open. Our lease is in Caddo, which is just East of Breckenridge in Stephens County, not far off Hwy 180. It is 2 hours and 10 minutes from my house in Lewisville. It is a year round deer lease. We are looking for one person to fill an open spot. The cost is $2254. There are 12 or 13 hunters (I forget exact) on 1900 acres. We have a 40-50 acre lake for fishing and duck hunting (very good duck hunting). We are a 5 deer county- 1 trophy buck, 1 spike, and 3 does, and this one spot is able to take those. Your immediate family may hunt with you on YOUR tags. Meaning if your son shoots a trophy buck, you may not take one (which has happened to me the last 2 years!!!) Almost all the members have kids or family that also come to hunt. We are a group that will certainly have a few beers and have fun out there. But we are not looking for someone to come out and bring tons of friends and party it up. I have been on this lease for about 5 years now, and it's one of the best leases I've been on. There is a guest cabin you can stay in, but it is recommended you bring a camper or cabin. We have electricity but no running water. I bring my water in a 5 gallon jug, which is generally enough for a weekend. We have 2 good feeder locations available from previous hunters leaving. You can kill all the pigs, raccoons, and coyotes you want. We also have an area we dove hunt from only in the beginning of Sept on the NW corner that sometimes has good dove numbers. Yes, we have cows and 2 donkeys, but it's not over run with them. Please email to customreloadsofdallas@gmail.com for further info and details.

There was a non-typical killed a few years ago just North of our fence that scored 202 or 205. Most of the deer we see are typical 8 and 10 point bucks, with some being very nice. We often get one or two big one's on camera that everyone is gunning for.

Here are some basic rules from our website. We have a working website with members info, maps, rules, and everything you need. To communicate with everyone, you can log in and create a message that will email everyone.

All hunters must have a Texas hunting license to hunt game animals according to the laws from the State of Texas as defined by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Management (TPWD).
Your children will hunt off your tags.
Two weeks before, during and two weeks after Whitetail Deer Season there will be NO night rifle hunting of any kind. Bow and crossbow hunting for hogs is fine.
During Whitetail Deer Season limit driving to the road ways.
All feeders need to be corned and spinning year round.
Friends can hunt with you, but not for deer.
Every hunter must have a valid Texas hunters license.
Your guest can take as many hogs, raccoons, and coyote’s as they can shoot, but not during Deer Season.
No night time hog hunting during deer season.
Your guest may NOT hunt the property without you.
Note your hunting plans on the website so everyone stays safe.

BLINDS
Deer blinds need to be on a 10 foot pedestal or nice ground blind and one feeder.
If a member is not using their blind, you can use it if you ASK FIRST.
If you do borrow a blind, clean up your mess and close the windows when you leave.
PROPERTY
Don’t tear up the roads.
Pick up your trash.
Pick up your kids trash.
If you “borrow” firewood from someone, replace it.
Don’t bust up other peoples stuff. If you do, man up and make it right.

Please email to customreloadsofdallas@gmail.com for further info and details.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: One deer lease spot open- Caddo, TX (Breckenridge) - 08/11/20 05:55 PM

SPOT IS FILLED!!
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: One deer lease spot open- Caddo, TX (Breckenridge) - 08/11/20 06:41 PM

Didnt think this would last long!
Posted By: Brother Phil

Re: One deer lease spot open- Caddo, TX (Breckenridge) - 08/15/20 07:57 PM

Sound like a great lease. I would have jumped on this, if I was looking. The good ones go fast. Some others have openings every year, not a good sign.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum