Texas Hunting Forum

Is this land good or not good for hunting?

Posted By: Tampc

Is this land good or not good for hunting? - 06/27/20 02:28 AM

I see this land fore sale. The land kinda wide open about haft of land is water *47 Acres* and all around is timber land most of it is dry no water.
Need your hunting expertise, if you go hunt is this a good place?

Thank you
MT

Attached picture land.PNG
Posted By: TakeMeLord

Re: Is this land good or not good for hunting? - 06/27/20 11:45 AM

Depends on may variables. What county?
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Is this land good or not good for hunting? - 06/27/20 12:30 PM

It's in Sabine county, SE of Geneva west of Milam.

Just me, price seems considerably steep though in the area land prices fluctuate wildly & are pretty dang high as an average.
Posted By: booskay

Re: Is this land good or not good for hunting? - 06/27/20 02:44 PM

Looks like it would be good for ducks.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Is this land good or not good for hunting? - 06/27/20 03:25 PM

Looks to me like at one time that place might have been a business that sold gravel or road base. Either they stripped the place of gravel or they hit a spring that filled up their pit. You could probably stock the lake with fish and end up with with some great fishing. It looks pretty useless for any kind of hunting except maybe duck hunting. JMO
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Is this land good or not good for hunting? - 06/27/20 03:52 PM

Looks good to me. Animals require water. Deer are edge creatures, they will definitely come out to the open areas to nibble on forbs. A small food plot a feeder or two and you've got deer and hogs. Ducks, fishing. What's not to like?
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Is this land good or not good for hunting? - 06/27/20 03:57 PM

I bet if you walk around the place you'll find trails headed towards water. Looks like the only water for quite a large area. Go check it out.
Posted By: Tampc

Re: Is this land good or not good for hunting? - 06/27/20 08:02 PM

This land in Sabine, TX
I will go check it out soon
Thanks
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Is this land good or not good for hunting? - 06/28/20 03:07 AM

I bet there some deep holes in that pond. If you have Goole Earth Pro, you can go back in time on the pictures to 2005 and 2009 and see the mining pretty well defined. I would be worried there is no top soil left to plant anything on.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum