Texas Hunting Forum

Which lease finder website is recommended?

Posted By: donny82277

Which lease finder website is recommended? - 04/15/20 01:12 PM

My family and I are looking to get our first lease this year asap. I've looked at a few of the lease finder websites but not sure which is the best for my area. I live in North Houston and am looking to stay within about 100-120 miles north, east or west of Houston. Which lease finder website do you guys prefer? Any tips are appreciated. Of course I'll be reading through all the past posts as well.
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Which lease finder website is recommended? - 04/15/20 02:29 PM

Leasehunter.com seems to be the most comprehensive and best that I've seen/used previously. I would advise to act quickly upon something you are interested in with $$$$ in hand.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Which lease finder website is recommended? - 04/15/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Leasehunter.com seems to be the most comprehensive and best that I've seen/used previously. I would advise to act quickly upon something you are interested in with $$$$ in hand.

^^^Agree with DQ. I hunt and manage a large lease so we got lots of hunters. Even though its a good place there will still be some turnover from time to time so I have some experience filling spots. I have used several websites and even though a blind hog will eventually find an acorn, it has been my experience that most of them are very ineffective. Not at all the case with leasehunter.com. Having said that, it is still a long shot finding a lease through them. You should use every resource you can muster cause a good lease is hard to find. I will also suggest craigslist. Lots of folks will tell you to stay away from them and I assume you have to be careful but there is(at least used to be) a lot of activity on there. I am not on facebook at all but I assume its kinda like craigslist in that theres a lot of activity but once again be cautious.
Understand my advise is from looking for hunters and not looking for leases so im not certain it works both ways. I also encourage anyone looking for lease to go back and look at old threads on here. There have been some recent ones offering good advice on looking for lease.
Posted By: CGB

Re: Which lease finder website is recommended? - 04/15/20 07:22 PM

You might try to PM Russ79. He can tell you how to look at and bid on some of the timber company leases. Most are north of Houston.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Which lease finder website is recommended? - 04/15/20 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by CGB
You might try to PM Russ79. He can tell you how to look at and bid on some of the timber company leases. Most are north of Houston.

x2
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Which lease finder website is recommended? - 04/16/20 05:05 AM

There was one on FB yesterday posted by a guy 600 miles away from the property. 300 acres for CRP in Hall county for $9,000, 4 hunters with no utilities. Kinda crap you will find there but there are quite a few FB lease sites. If you find one there that is priced decent 100 folks will reply. Seems East Texas hunting club would be your best bet. Good luck and look everywhere.
Posted By: Stetsonoverton

Re: Which lease finder website is recommended? - 04/16/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckman
There was one on FB yesterday posted by a guy 600 miles away from the property. 300 acres for CRP in Hall county for $9,000, 4 hunters with no utilities. Kinda crap you will find there but there are quite a few FB lease sites. If you find one there that is priced decent 100 folks will reply. Seems East Texas hunting club would be your best bet. Good luck and look everywhere.

I saw that post guy is smoking crack
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Which lease finder website is recommended? - 04/17/20 08:41 PM

Right here is good!. There are a couple of FB pages that sometimes are worthwhile if you can cut through the BS.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Which lease finder website is recommended? - 04/17/20 09:01 PM

welcome And good luck!
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Which lease finder website is recommended? - 04/17/20 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid

That's where I found mine 6 years ago.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum