Texas Hunting Forum

Outdoor Access Leasing Operation

Posted By: VPLANU

Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/20/20 07:15 PM

Anyone ever heard of this outfit called Outdoor Access? ( outdooraccess.com ) Trying to find information or reviews and the only thing I could muster up was an animal rights group saying stay away! (which tells me the operation may be worthwhile and legit!!) Seems like they are offering us non-landowners some real opportunity to get out and enjoy the outdoors without breaking the bank. Any words of wisdom or heads up from anyone who has had contact with these guys would be greatly appreciated![i][/i]
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/21/20 01:35 PM

I just despise the term “breaking the bank”.

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/21/20 07:12 PM

Thanks for the insight...extremely helpful!
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/21/20 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by VPLANU
Thanks for the insight...extremely helpful!

upI like a new guy who will stand up for himself. Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/21/20 08:30 PM

Looks like they are on Facebook. I don't do Facebook so I can't view all the information. You might start there. What is it you're looking for?

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/21/20 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Looks like they are on Facebook. I don't do Facebook so I can't view all the information. You might start there. What is it you're looking for?

Not breaking the bank.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/21/20 10:19 PM

Hey, it's better than "I'm looking for a broke horn management hunt." bang

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/22/20 05:39 PM

Just looking for a place to enjoy the outdoors while responsibly harvesting game animals. I've been lucky to have been invited to a friends lease the last couple years, but that opportunity is no longer available. If I could find a lease of my own, or myself and a couple buddies, that'd be great...

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/22/20 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by maximus_flavius

Not breaking the bank.

Let me know how to please you better with my posts, Mr. Maximus Flavius. Glad to be of service.

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/23/20 02:37 PM

Have you checked their listings?

A few I noticed in Texas
-10ac
-20ac
-60ac

What a joke.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/23/20 03:13 PM

A few I noticed in Texas
-10ac
-20ac
-60ac

What a joke.

I take deer off a 25 acre farm every year. Depending on the location of those small parcels they can produce.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/24/20 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by LeonCarr

I take deer off a 25 acre farm every year. Depending on the location of those small parcels they can produce.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

I don't doubt you can do it, but the average deer lease typically hunted/discussed is larger than double digits. My first lease was 50 acres, it's very confining.

VPlanu, what's your budget for a lease? That's usually indicative of how successful you'll be finding one and finding one where you can be successful shooting something. I'd personally be leery of a small brokered deer lease (duck leases aside as that can be just a pond) as that's a likely sign of an uninterested landowner. There is no shortage of people looking for leases and if a landowner was actually interested, they only need tell one or two folks for the word to get out.

Charlie
Posted By: 69FowlFather

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 02/27/20 05:40 PM

I am actually touring one of the leases they have the second weekend in March. I will update after I visit
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 03/11/20 06:19 AM

They have a place by our lease at 5x what we pay and only 90 acres. Pretty nuts. We shot 2 doe on our 1,100 acres this year. Few years ago my attorney buddy was helping them launch. I said GTFO and would never support that in Texas!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Outdoor Access Leasing Operation - 03/11/20 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by LeonCarr

A few I noticed in Texas
-10ac
-20ac
-60ac

What a joke.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Those small parcels will be shot out in no time with multiple hunters using the properties. When I worked with 'National sportsmans club' this is what happened and our ranches averaged 3k acres each. All in the western Edward's plateau, a virtual "deer factory". This deal, at least to me, is a no-go.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum