Texas Hunting Forum

Land FS Childress Tx

Posted By: ijohnston

Land FS Childress Tx - 02/09/20 05:15 PM

Family ranch is up for sale.

The total Acreage is about 320 acres. There is electricity up to the property. 80 acres cultivated and the rest is full of briar and brush. Lots of quail. Driving through the property two years ago I saw a 160 class white tail. I know there are some monsters there. This property was rarely hunted for deer. Mainly used for Quail.

The previous lease holder (for cattle) set up a pump station for water but has not been running for about a year. The pump just needs to get going again. I would not imagine it would be much work to do that.

Asking 1150 an acre.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: JGL Hunting

Re: Land FS Childress Tx - 02/11/20 06:19 AM

Assume arrangements could be made to see it in person?

Re: Land FS Childress Tx - 02/12/20 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by RTW
Assume arrangements could be made to see it in person?
Of course.
Posted By: JGL Hunting

Re: Land FS Childress Tx - 02/12/20 06:50 PM

I'll be up that way around the 21st and 22nd -- any chance that would be a time to see it?

Re: Land FS Childress Tx - 02/15/20 12:28 AM

Let me see if we can do that. I am now that we are about to list it with an agent. But We prefer to not deal with one if we don’t have to.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Land FS Childress Tx - 02/15/20 01:55 AM

Any water (tanks/ponds) on it? Looks like a nice place. That's a fair price for that size tract. I wouldn't think you would have any trouble moving it. I've hunted that area and quail hunting can be great. You've got some good cover other places don't. Big deer as well. Good luck.

Re: Land FS Childress Tx - 02/16/20 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Any water (tanks/ponds) on it? Looks like a nice place. That's a fair price for that size tract. I wouldn't think you would have any trouble moving it. I've hunted that area and quail hunting can be great. You've got some good cover other places don't. Big deer as well. Good luck.

no tanks but there are 2 pump stations on the property. LOTS of quail.
Posted By: TexasUplander

Re: Land FS Childress Tx - 02/17/20 12:15 AM

"lots" of quail???

Re: Land FS Childress Tx - 02/20/20 04:23 PM

My Father in law will be out there this weekend in case anyone wants to check it out.
Posted By: SpoonPlatoon

Re: Land FS Childress Tx - 03/09/20 12:22 PM

Any turkey on the property?
Posted By: wapiti

Re: Land FS Childress Tx - 03/14/20 03:57 PM

Whitetail and Mule deer or just whitetail?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum