Texas Hunting Forum

Looking to join lease Val Verde Co

Posted By: deerfeeder

Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/16/20 02:14 AM

Given the finding of CWD on Southeast side of the county, would prefer something on the west or northwest side. Have tractor and accessories to maintain or improve roads and facilities. Could also fill feeders for other lease members. Live close to Comstock. PM me if you have a possibility.

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/18/20 08:23 PM

Up. Also have ability to build feed pens.

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/20/20 06:53 PM

Not interested in bucks, maybe a cull that needs to not breed, but basically looking for maybe a couple of does, per season.

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/22/20 06:01 PM

up

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/25/20 04:52 PM

Up again. Would consider eastern Terrell county.

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/28/20 05:46 PM

up
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/28/20 08:39 PM

Look on texasbowhunter. I saw one listed today

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/29/20 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by sbushee
Look on texasbowhunter. I saw one listed today

10-4! Thanks. Apparently you have to be a member for 30 days to even look at the classifieds. Might be a match, but I don't bow hunt. We'll see. Thanks again.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/29/20 04:19 AM

Used to hunt this ranch 20 years ago. Great people. Scroll down to W L Whitehead Ranch. Bud and his wife Tommie. Their son Espy had moved to Houston but may be back. Great hunting too. We were on one of their ranches that was about 32 miles south of Sonora. It was around 10,000 acres.
http://www.sonoratexas.org/directory/r/ranches/
Posted By: WTN

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/30/20 12:47 AM

Not mine but posted on tx bowhunter.

Need 1 member Val Verde County Pandale/Juno Tx.
1 openings on year-round lease in Val Verde County between Pandale and Juno.

-$2650/yr. +$250 corn and misc. Can be paid upfront or in 3 payments.
We do feed cotton seed and members will split the cost. Its really not a lot
of money.

-1 Mandatory work weekend possibly 2.

-2000 acre lease (2 sections of much larger ranch)

-6 Guns total.

-Bow hunting allowed.

-Water and Electricity.

-Walk in cooler and cleaning station.

-Spots for Camper.

-4 deer allowed, no more than 2 bucks (1 Trophy, 1 Cull)
(4.5 years or older)

-Trophy deer have been in the 120s-140s. Larger deer (150s) have been seen.

-Exotics are occasionally killed but should be considered uncommon.

-Plenty of Hogs and Dove.

-Guest and family are allowed in camp and may hunt at certain times. They shoot off the paid hunter's allotment of 4 deer.

-The roads/trails are rough and rugged. To access the entire lease you will likely need a atv/utv or other high ground clearance vehicle that can handle steep terrain and scratches from brush.

NOTICE: We treat this as a Community Lease. Meaning that we all provide a stand and feeder and we chip in money and time to keep all the feeders full. Anyone can hunt any area on the lease. If two people want to hunt the same stand we draw straws. We all prefer this as to sitting in the same stand hunt after hunt the whole season. We are easy going and sharing the entire property has never been a source of contention for us. We keep cameras going at all feeders and make sure all hunters see the pictures. This is a good group of guys.

Also I Do not run this lease but I can help answer any questions you may have my name and number is.
Blake Sanders. 409-767-5313

Or contact lease manager Ben Hicks 409-679-0
Posted By: Hoytbowhunter

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/30/20 11:38 AM

^^^^^ https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=756622

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/31/20 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by HuntingTexas
Used to hunt this ranch 20 years ago. Great people. Scroll down to W L Whitehead Ranch. Bud and his wife Tommie. Their son Espy had moved to Houston but may be back. Great hunting too. We were on one of their ranches that was about 32 miles south of Sonora. It was around 10,000 acres.
http://www.sonoratexas.org/directory/r/ranches/

I may have fed this ranch for some lease hunters back when I was feeding. If it's the same ranch I have a friend in Del Rio who is related to them in some way. Will check this out. Thank you.

Re: Looking to join lease Val Verde Co - 01/31/20 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by WTN
Not mine but posted on tx bowhunter.

Need 1 member Val Verde County Pandale/Juno Tx.
1 openings on year-round lease in Val Verde County between Pandale and Juno.

-$2650/yr. +$250 corn and misc. Can be paid upfront or in 3 payments.
We do feed cotton seed and members will split the cost. Its really not a lot
of money.

-1 Mandatory work weekend possibly 2.

-2000 acre lease (2 sections of much larger ranch)

-6 Guns total.

-Bow hunting allowed.

-Water and Electricity.

-Walk in cooler and cleaning station.

-Spots for Camper.

-4 deer allowed, no more than 2 bucks (1 Trophy, 1 Cull)
(4.5 years or older)

-Trophy deer have been in the 120s-140s. Larger deer (150s) have been seen.

-Exotics are occasionally killed but should be considered uncommon.

-Plenty of Hogs and Dove.

-Guest and family are allowed in camp and may hunt at certain times. They shoot off the paid hunter's allotment of 4 deer.

-The roads/trails are rough and rugged. To access the entire lease you will likely need a atv/utv or other high ground clearance vehicle that can handle steep terrain and scratches from brush.

NOTICE: We treat this as a Community Lease. Meaning that we all provide a stand and feeder and we chip in money and time to keep all the feeders full. Anyone can hunt any area on the lease. If two people want to hunt the same stand we draw straws. We all prefer this as to sitting in the same stand hunt after hunt the whole season. We are easy going and sharing the entire property has never been a source of contention for us. We keep cameras going at all feeders and make sure all hunters see the pictures. This is a good group of guys.

Also I Do not run this lease but I can help answer any questions you may have my name and number is.
Blake Sanders. 409-767-5313

Or contact lease manager Ben Hicks 409-679-0

Thanks will check with them. Ranches up there were hit pretty hard by anthrax a few years ago, but should have recovered by now.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum