Texas Hunting Forum

Bosque County 400 Acres

Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/20/19 01:57 PM

Posting for a friend – I am not the landowner or an agent and I don’t have any additional information. This property suddenly became available due to illness.

$5000 - 400 acres approximately 10 miles south of Lake Whitney on Childress Creek. Year round access. Good deer and turkey population. Occasional good dove hunting. Lots of big oak and pecan trees. There’s several fields in cultivation. Prefer to lease to a single group with a maximum of 5 guns. Looking for long term prospects.There is a 3 bedroom 2 bath trailer house onsite that IS NOT included, but could be added at additional cost. Contact Wayne at (254) 289-541O or Ron at (254) 223-O289 for more information.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/20/19 11:11 PM

This wont last long, or at least it shouldn't.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/21/19 02:14 AM

Grew up hunting in Bosque county. Some dandy bucks for sure
Posted By: Brother Phil

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/21/19 04:35 AM

I remember seeing this same post last year.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/21/19 01:41 PM

Thanks to everyone who responded. The landowner has received numerous calls and has several potential leasers lined up. As of now they are not taking any additional calls. If for some reason it becomes available again, I'll reopen this thread.
Posted By: jmh004

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 03:01 PM

Got the rug pulled out from me on this one. According to the landowner, I was the first person to call on this. We set up a meeting at the lease for Friday to look it over. He requested we bring a deposit Friday, and we said that’s just fine see you then. He said sense I was the first to call and set up an appointment, that he would not do anything with anyone else. Well we got a call last night from the landowner. He canceled our appointment because someone bought the lease sight unseen. I understand cash is king, but that’s a pretty sorry way of doing business in my opinion. We were absolutely going to agree to the terms, IF after meeting the landowner in person and seeing firsthand that he wasn’t a physcho. It’s just sad that this whole lease finding business has become so cut throat. It’s never a good deal when a man goes back on his word. Alright, rant over, back to the search I guess.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 03:36 PM

Honestly sounds like he did you a favor. If that’s how it was going to be better to know now than later.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by jmh004
Got the rug pulled out from me on this one. According to the landowner, I was the first person to call on this. We set up a meeting at the lease for Friday to look it over. He requested we bring a deposit Friday, and we said that’s just fine see you then. He said sense I was the first to call and set up an appointment, that he would not do anything with anyone else. Well we got a call last night from the landowner. He canceled our appointment because someone bought the lease sight unseen. I understand cash is king, but that’s a pretty sorry way of doing business in my opinion. We were absolutely going to agree to the terms, IF after meeting the landowner in person and seeing firsthand that he wasn’t a physcho. It’s just sad that this whole lease finding business has become so cut throat. It’s never a good deal when a man goes back on his word. Alright, rant over, back to the search I guess.

Wow.........amigo youre better off not getting it. He showed you what he was really fast. Good luck
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 03:41 PM

That is one sorry landowner there. And you are better off for sure because no telling what sneaky issue the owner could come up with to make you regret getting the lease.
Posted By: jskin

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 03:59 PM

That’s a blessing sir. If you had leased it then the first guy that come along and offered more money you would have lost it!
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 05:01 PM

Actually the landowners are very good people and far from psycho
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 05:12 PM

This is BS and he leased it to a friend probably. You were going to lease it unless you told him you didn't have all the money now, sounds fishy. All he had to do was ask for 100% money upfront after meeting him. What idiot LO would lease to someone sight unseen. No one that is respectable. Our LO could easily get more money than we pay but as he says, he likes us and the way we do things which means more than money. Over 20 years for some us on it. Same 6 guys for 6 years now.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by jskin
That’s a blessing sir. If you had leased it then the first guy that come along and offered more money you would have lost it!

That can happen on any lease at any time.

Same as deer hunters finding a cheaper/better/closer deer lease for them. They will walk to save money or time, & who can blame them. Same as a landowner taking more money.

It’s just a lease.

Personally, if I wanted a lease, & got a lead on 1, I would drive straight there that day (or maybe the next morning) with cash in hand. I wouldn’t even take a backroad getting there. Drive straight there & look & have cash in hand. Not next week, not next Friday, not after I talk to my buddies & get their money.

There are things that suck about being on either side of a lease. You can either accept them & deal with them, or complain on the innernetz.
Posted By: jmh004

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 06:45 PM

They may be fine people. I wouldn’t know because the meeting was canceled.
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 09:36 PM

A man's word should mean something to him. If not he is worth spit IMHO. It show ones true character. Now to play devils advocate. We are only hearing one side of a story, and do not know the actual conversation between the two parties over the phone. What one person says and one hears can be 2 different things. I'm sure we have all ran into that before.
Posted By: TX Whitetail Hunter

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 10:48 PM

If he was willing to lease it without even meeting the other person, it would seem clear that money was the point. I can’t imagine that this transaction should ever occur completely over the phone. Regardless of which side I’m on, I would want to size up the other person a bit before making a commitment.

Consider yourself lucky. You may have dodged a bullet.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 10:58 PM

Be glad you didn't lease it, put feeders, blinds and pens up, supply feed for a year and then have it go away.
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/22/19 11:39 PM

Don't get me wrong. I agree with everyone on here that says " it is just plain smart business to meet the people you are doing business with first. It is just good business:". I would never get on a lease without at least meeting the person I am do business with first. To many crooks iut there.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/23/19 12:24 AM

Kash is King
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/23/19 02:16 AM

***** 13. Members are not allowed to sell for family or friends. You must be the owner of what you are selling or service you are offering.

trout
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/23/19 02:30 AM

You're lucky to not get into an agreement with people who operate like that. I grew up a few miles from there and people in that area are typically true to their word. It's sad that greed over deer leases has made people lose their ethical principals.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/23/19 04:48 PM

A man is only as good as his word. Nuff said.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/23/19 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by fouzman
A man is only as good as his word. Nuff said.

X100
Posted By: majekman

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/24/19 02:08 AM

Any LO that leases hunting trespass rights on his land sight unseen to people he has no clue about is indeed an idiot....it’s that simple.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/24/19 03:01 PM

Consider yourself lucky. Someone mentioned they saw this lease last year, it may show up again next year. If so we know to stay away from it.
Posted By: KCH

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/26/19 04:16 PM

This was fishy from the get-go imho...sorry for the inconvenience. Hope you find something else, Bosque is always in high demand since it has decent numbers of deer and is close to the MetroPlex. It's usually overpriced both in leasing and buying land. Cash is King however...
Posted By: AZBear

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/26/19 08:48 PM

You can tell what type of person the lessor is when they want 5 guns on 400 acres. Only in it for the money.
Posted By: Paralax22

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/26/19 10:17 PM

I back up JMH 100%. It wasn’t about the money, or at least what they were asking. I offered just minutes after JMH to meet immediately with cash in hand and was told I was #2 in line and earliest they could meet was Saturday after JMH looked Friday. They closed it off to everyone so his group or mine could have it since we offered up. I had to respect that JMH had first dibs so I was very surprised they cut him before he got his chance. If it was about the money, they would have taken it from me when offered. If I had to bet on this one, someone paid over the asking price to shut us down like that and secure it. As my grandfather once said “You want a guaranteed place to Hunt? Buy the land kid or go pumpkin patch with the public boys!”
Posted By: Brother Phil

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/27/19 02:59 AM

As I mentioned earlier, this same ad was posted last year. We can all say something like "Money talks, BS walks," but that does not mean we should make a foolish decision. I manage one lease, and am a member on another one. I would not deal with any one who is dishonest. It is not worth it, and leads to disappointment. The guy who was done wrong, is better off in the end.
Posted By: Chaseh

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/28/19 01:13 PM

Apparently I was the third to call and try to schedule seeing the property, but when I told them I didn't want to rent a mobile home on the property for additional money since I live within 30 minutes, they seemed uninterested and said they would call. I called Saturday and he said "oh yeah.... oh no, it has been leased." Probably a lot of poached deer in that area anyhow, so chalk it up to not much of a loss.

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/28/19 08:01 PM

The owners don’t need money
There is no poaching going on
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/31/19 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law

Then they wouldn't be leasing their property. People lease for 1 reason; money.

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 08/31/19 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by LFD2037

My bad you know everything
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 09/01/19 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by LFD2037

My bad you know everything

Nooooooow you’re catching on. up
Posted By: Deer-getter

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 09/04/19 01:36 PM

bad karma will eventually get this guy.
Posted By: Okie Newton

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 09/04/19 02:30 PM

I agree with it being a bit fishy, something is definitely wrong if it's up again for lease. Of course he could have kicked the hunters off or it wasn't much of a lease. I am thinking a blessing in disguise.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 09/04/19 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Newton
I agree with it being a bit fishy, something is definitely wrong if it's up again for lease. Of course he could have kicked the hunters off or it wasn't much of a lease. I am thinking a blessing in disguise.

If he kicked them off...bad deal.....If it wasn't much of a lease...bad deal.......so good deal that you did not get on it.
Posted By: shadowman

Re: Bosque County 400 Acres - 10/04/19 05:06 AM

when you have 3 people involved, bad communication can occur and we only hv heard ONE persons story...could be more to it than we have been told.... having said that.. when one breakes their word, Not good.. I was raised up with a handshake was our bond and word.. my 2 cents worth...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum