Texas Hunting Forum

2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas

Posted By: Trekker

2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas - 07/27/19 08:27 PM

ideally looking for something with some birds and deer on it. Mostly bowhunting and muzzleloader. Two very responsible adults. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: 2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas - 07/29/19 08:25 PM

Considering opportunities for 1 hunter as well. Thanks.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: 2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas - 07/29/19 10:44 PM

welcome

I suggest you be very proactive contacting any lease openings you find that are close to what you’re looking for.

For good leases they are not going to contact you, especially with a small group.

Ask around at local feed stores or livestock auctions for spots that are available. Have your cash on hand if you find something you want or it will be gone before you come back with the cash.
Posted By: freerange

Re: 2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas - 07/29/19 11:43 PM

Thanks for handling that Pitch. Trekkor you will likely get similar advise from others on here. Im in a rush or might add a little but for now ill just say to check out leasehunter.com, and good luck.

Re: 2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas - 07/30/19 07:08 PM

Thank you Pitchfork and Freerange for the feedback. Came down to Texas a few months ago with two German Shorthairs in tow and thought I would have no problem fining some good hunting. I guess I was wrong. Thank you.

Re: 2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas - 07/31/19 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Trekker
Thank you Pitchfork and Freerange for the feedback. Came down to Texas a few months ago with two German Shorthairs in tow and thought I would have no problem fining some good hunting. I guess I was wrong. Thank you.

If you want to give them retrieving work you can find dove leases that are very affordable and accessible. Also look into the Outfitters section for management hunts for 2-3 days as well.

Re: 2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas - 07/31/19 02:14 PM

Great thank you!
Posted By: freerange

Re: 2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas - 07/31/19 02:17 PM

TEXAS certainly has all the "good hunting" that most anyone would be looking for. Its just gonna be hard to find. Supply and demand will drive availability and price. For those of us that want it bad enough we find it. Good luck.
Posted By: PMK

Re: 2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas - 07/31/19 05:44 PM

agree with pitchfork and freerange ... also the area you are looking for is in very high demand being so close to the Austin Metro area with a lot of the ranches of yesteryear chopped up into weekend warrior retreats. Deer leases in those areas are very hard to come by and when they do pop open, they are gone very quickly.

as for dove, you might have better luck a bit to the east around the Jarrel, Georgetown, Taylor area

Re: 2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas - 07/31/19 10:21 PM

Great thank you!

There is great dove hunting south and west of San Antonio. Not too far of a drive from Austin, 1-2 hours. Check out the season lease listed here in Sealy. That's alot of hunting for the money, the winter season can be very good and sometimes better than the early season.
Posted By: texag95

Re: 2 Hunters looking for deer lease near Burnet/ Lampasas - 08/02/19 12:38 PM

I have a lease in mills county posted here 40 miles from lampasas
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum