Texas Hunting Forum

2 Spots - Concho County HF MLD Harvest Option - Deer Only

Posted By: jadkins

2 Spots - Concho County HF MLD Harvest Option - Deer Only - 06/17/19 02:29 PM

Yes, I posted this last year, but it was decided last year by landowner this additional acreage wouldn't be hunted/leased in 2018-2019 due to last remaining windfarm construction. The additional acreage (508 acres) I'm picking up hasn't had a deer shot in that pasture for 5 years. But I have to fill all slots this year. 2 new blinds and feeders set up in that pasture this past weekend.

3,400 acres under one high fence and I have the northern 2,200 of them (landowner keeps the other 1,200). All native genetics. It's been HF for 5 years and this is my 4th year on the place. It's in very southwest corner of Concho about 20 minutes out of Eden towards the SW. Part of the newly constructed Cactus Flat Windfarm in on the property.

8 spots total for my 2,200 piece.

$3,362.50 / spot base price. This includes the planting of 3 huntable fields (oats / wheat) next to a corn feeder, all blinds, cameras, and feeders in place. 8 rifle blinds (some have bow stands closer to feeder and some you can corn close to box). 4 of these boxes can hold 3 adults. 2 bow only blinds. So, 10 total huntable feeders. Additional $400.00 gets you guest privileges of 1 close family member hunter and 1 close family member non-hunter (must be in same blind and deer shot come off your tags).

Corn and protein extra and averaged $300.00 per spot. I only fill up protein silo (7 tons) in Jan. and feed until it's gone. This will be the third year we've done protein. Modest hunting cabin (2 bedroom with bunks and 1 bath, full kitchen and living area w/ TV) available on the property that's no problem for us guys and sons, some of the other members wives have stayed without issue, but mine won't...haha...so, I also have my RV there during the season that I've let other members use if needed. We've never had a problem with crowd control as we just all seem to hunt different times. Walk-in cooler and dual skinning rack.

Tags - for sure 2 buck (1 trophy / 1 cull) and TBD doe. 2016-2017 it was 3 B & 5D, 2017-2018 it was 3B & 6D, and 2018-2019 was 4B and 6D. This past season was the first season we came close filling all tags.

PM me with your email for additional questions and I can send pictures, etc. I have pictures of previous bucks harvested. Pictures of nice bucks yet to be harvested and pictures of nice bucks we deem as "breeder" bucks (nice typical 10's) we will save for another year or so. 2016-2017 I'd say average number of deer at feeder was 10. 2017-2018 I'd say 15 deer. Last year (2018-2019) was so wet and average number of deer went down to around 5. We even had our first sit where a deer wasn't seen (just being honest). However, everyone got a mature buck they were happy with. We always seem to see a buck or two towards end of season we've never seen on camera.

I can be flexible during the week to meet you out there to show, but I'm setting aside June 29&30 as potential days to show folks that are interested.

Geaux Tigers.
Posted By: mustang coach

Re: 2 Spots - Concho County HF MLD Harvest Option - Deer Only - 06/18/19 07:01 PM

Sending PM

Re: 2 Spots - Concho County HF MLD Harvest Option - Deer Only - 06/21/19 02:19 PM

Thanks for all the interest. I've returned all PMs and emails. I'm out of pocket all weekend, but I'll be back on here Monday.

Re: 2 Spots - Concho County HF MLD Harvest Option - Deer Only - 06/27/19 01:55 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 2 Spots - Concho County HF MLD Harvest Option - Deer Only - 06/27/19 01:56 PM

sorry about sideways pics. bucks are really hitting the bulk protein feeder now
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: 2 Spots - Concho County HF MLD Harvest Option - Deer Only - 06/27/19 02:37 PM

Did you take those pics with a potato?

Re: 2 Spots - Concho County HF MLD Harvest Option - Deer Only - 07/02/19 12:57 PM

Still available.
Posted By: Jim300

Re: 2 Spots - Concho County HF MLD Harvest Option - Deer Only - 07/21/19 03:27 AM

PM sent.
Posted By: Katy Tigers

Re: 2 Spots - Concho County HF MLD Harvest Option - Deer Only - 07/23/19 03:54 PM

PM sent...

Re: 2 Spots - Concho County HF MLD Harvest Option - Deer Only - 08/13/19 01:04 PM

Sports are filled. Thanks to everyone and have a great season.

JA
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum