Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for 100+ acre lease for myself - 2019 season

Posted By: Eland Slayer

Looking for 100+ acre lease for myself - 2019 season - 11/19/18 02:29 PM

I'm interested in finding a personal lease within a 3-4 hour drive of the west Houston area (I live in Hockley) for the 2019 season (and beyond). I'm interested in leasing something directly from the landowner for myself only. My wife does not hunt, but likes to come with me. The property would need to meet the following criteria:

• 100+ acres minimum
  • Good deer population (I don't expect giant trophies)
  • Clean and comfortable lodging of some kind (doesn't need to be fancy, but does need to be clean enough that my wife is comfortable staying there)
  • Year-round access
  • Hogs, turkeys, other game would be a bonus

As stated above, I don't expect giant trophies....just looking for a place with a good deer population where we can enjoy ourselves. I am very management-minded and have no interest in shooting immature bucks (no matter the size). A quota of 1 or 2 bucks plus a couple does would be ideal. I always leave places cleaner than I find them. Clean lodging is an absolute must for the wife! (clean and comfortable with no insect/rodent issues)

I'm not interested in joining an existing group of hunters. If a place is large enough, I may be able to get my father to join as well....but that would be all. Also for full disclosure, I'm not looking to sub-lease or outfit any types of hunts on the property.

If you or anyone you know might have something like this, please feel free to send me a PM here or an email directly: wade.abadie@whitetailproperties.com
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Looking for 100+ acre lease for myself - 2019 season - 11/20/18 06:40 PM

Man Wade not being a smart alec. Wouldn't WE be the ones asking you for a lease with your job and what you do?? I am kinda confused as I would think you would be the person with the insight to all kinds of properties. kinda weird the other way around.

Re: Looking for 100+ acre lease for myself - 2019 season - 11/24/18 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by 7mag
Man Wade not being a smart alec. Wouldn't WE be the ones asking you for a lease with your job and what you do?? I am kinda confused as I would think you would be the person with the insight to all kinds of properties. kinda weird the other way around.

Whitetail Properties is strictly a real estate company and doesn’t deal with leases of any kind....but I do get asked about leases frequently haha. You’re not the first person to think that.

Re: Looking for 100+ acre lease for myself - 2019 season - 02/18/19 01:47 PM

bump
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum