Texas Hunting Forum

Barbed wire fencing

Posted By: ProximoMetalica

Barbed wire fencing - 05/01/18 03:29 AM

I just bought a piece of property and need to build a fence on one side. Any ideas what the cost would be per foot installed and if we did it ourselves? Need about 1000 feet.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Barbed wire fencing - 05/01/18 11:53 AM

I think most folks consider it $3.50/ft in materials
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Barbed wire fencing - 05/01/18 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
I think most folks consider it $3.50/ft in materials

X2
Posted By: HWY72

Re: Barbed wire fencing - 05/01/18 02:57 PM

For a standard straight line 5 strand bw fence on flat terrain, the materials should be < $1 a foot. Installed including materials $2 - $2.50, depending on the installer. Corners, gates, etc. will all add to the cost....
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Barbed wire fencing - 05/01/18 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: HWY72
For a standard straight line 5 strand bw fence on flat terrain, the materials should be < $1 a foot. Installed including materials $2 - $2.50, depending on the installer. Corners, gates, etc. will all add to the cost....

I agree with this on a standard barbwire fence. I paid $2.10/ft for labor and materials after I bought the materials on a 50" netwire fence a few years ago. I was quoted $2.50/ft turnkey. There was no dozer work involved. I built some fences on my own and only had about .50/ft in materials in those fences. That was on 4 wire barbwire cross fences. If you had to clear fenceline ROW then I could see it costing $3.50/ft. They build 8' galvanized material fences in South Texas for $3.50/ft including labor on cleared ROW. Price materials at McCoys or feedstores like M-G in Weimar. Depending on the type of barbwire cost per spool could range from $30 to $60. T-post will range from $3.50 to $4.00 each. Corners will depend on type of material used. I bought 10' tall 8"-9" top cedars for corners for $35/each. Treated will run more for the same size. Pipe is going to vary in costs but you have to included sakrete in your final costs. Line posts cost will vary but also on how many you use. A lot of the cost variance will depend on what type terrain it is built in, the type of fence you are wanting and what animal to keep in or out. Don't spare on the corner post size and depth, they are the backbone of any good fence. Ask your neighbor to cost share half of the fence. Many will help out.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Barbed wire fencing - 05/01/18 03:49 PM

I had some Stay-Tuff field fence installed a couple years ago and it was $2.75/ft. labor and materials. All wood posts with 10' spacing. Lee county.
Posted By: jrfan

Re: Barbed wire fencing - 05/01/18 05:44 PM

I just paid $2.20/ft for 6 strand wire, t-posts and old fence removal. The gates, braces and pipe post were additional. My neighbor provided the dozer work.
Posted By: ProximoMetalica

Re: Barbed wire fencing - 05/02/18 05:05 AM

Wow thanks for all the replies. Great info!!!!
Posted By: woodduckhunter

Re: Barbed wire fencing - 05/04/18 09:09 PM

deleted
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum