Texas Hunting Forum

ISO - Land near area of Ferris, Terrell, Kaufman, etc

Posted By: triggerbowtx

ISO - Land near area of Ferris, Terrell, Kaufman, etc - 03/20/18 03:40 PM

I am looking to lease some land near Dallas. I would use this land to train my Labrador retriever for upper level field events. I am NOT looking to hunt on this land. I would use this land very periodically for a couple hours on the weekends (but certainly not every weekend). If you're unfamiliar with retriever training, it does not harm the land in anyway and you would never know we were there. Ideally this land would be fairly open with trees scattered about and maybe some topography and also have a few stock ponds that are mostly open (not surrounded by trees) for water training setups.

I already have access to two properties but these properties are both just a bit too far away for quick training sessions. One of them is 1 and 1/2 hours away and the other is 2 hours away. I am hopeful to find something within an hour on Dallas.

Please let me know if you might have something that can work. I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for access or help on the land, etc.
Posted By: 69FowlFather

Re: ISO - Land near area of Ferris, Terrell, Kaufman, etc - 03/20/18 08:41 PM

Hit up Ross Jones at Pecan Ridge Outdoor center in Scurry, they have a monthly training group out there and you can join so you can go anytime and train.

Tell him Rodney sent you 214-402-7836
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum