Texas Hunting Forum

Just curious

Posted By: sar67

Just curious - 12/18/17 07:05 PM

Does anyone have a story of success from this forum? I used it in 2016 and thought I found a place but things did not turn out too well (nobody's fault but mine for being too eager to get something).

Anyway, I have been watching the board off and on since last year and I see so many ads that remain for a long time and people keep bumping them up so I know that they are not finding what they want.

So, anyone found a good place using this site?

Thanks for any input.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Just curious - 12/18/17 07:49 PM

I did. Check the forum often and be ready to go view a property/write a check at a moments notice. Money talks and if they want to show the lease the next day you better be available or someone else might be ready to get it.

Re: Just curious - 12/18/17 08:14 PM

Thanks for the report Rex, and the good advice. Would you mind telling me what part of the state the lease you found is in?
Posted By: jskin

Re: Just curious - 12/18/17 08:34 PM

We found a good one here. Granted it's a big place and most are looking for smaller tracts. Hang in there it tough for sure to find a good one

Re: Just curious - 12/18/17 08:41 PM

Thanks jskin. Good to hear.

Re: Just curious - 12/18/17 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: sar67
Thanks for the report Rex, and the good advice. Would you mind telling me what part of the state the lease you found is in?

Hill country but there are great leases on here all over the place. Just have to find the one that is the right fit. If you are looking for multiple people what I said earlier applies double. I had a group of 4-5 looking a couple years ago. Every time I found a place people dragged their feet, weren't willing to go look, weren't willing to trust my judgement if they didn't go, etc. Finally I went and got on a place as a single.

Re: Just curious - 12/18/17 10:24 PM

Got it. Thanks.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Just curious - 12/18/17 11:01 PM

Found two on here. As stated before, you need to be ready to go look at a place immediately and have cash in hand if it's what you want. Good places at good prices are usually gone in a couple of days.

Re: Just curious - 12/19/17 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Texan Til I Die
Found two on here. As stated before, you need to be ready to go look at a place immediately and have cash in hand if it's what you want. Good places at good prices are usually gone in a couple of days.

Or a couple hours.
Posted By: nak

Re: Just curious - 12/19/17 01:37 AM

Lots of trying based upon ads here. A fair amount of gas and time wasted. No success story.

Be very cautious of anything that feels funny, or folks that want to do business with no, or a minimal, written lease. The document needs to be adequate to protect both parties.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Just curious - 12/19/17 01:40 AM

Have found a few people that joined our lease from on here and met other guys that I have hunted with.

Re: Just curious - 12/19/17 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Thank you sir. Good to hear about successes.

Re: Just curious - 12/19/17 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: nak
Lots of trying based upon ads here. A fair amount of gas and time wasted. No success story.

Be very cautious of anything that feels funny, or folks that want to do business with no, or a minimal, written lease. The document needs to be adequate to protect both parties.

Thanks for the feedback.

Re: Just curious - 12/19/17 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
Have found a few people that joined our lease from on here and met other guys that I have hunted with.

Sounds good. Thanks for replying.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Just curious - 12/19/17 05:45 PM

Found mine on here. East TX.

Re: Just curious - 12/19/17 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER
Found mine on here. East TX.

Thank you.
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Just curious - 12/20/17 01:44 AM

Found my last one through here. Unfortunately it only lasted 2 years but it was a nice place to hunt and enjoyed the guys I originally joined up with.
Posted By: Jeffpg

Re: Just curious - 12/20/17 07:59 AM

It’s not just this site, a good lease opportunity can be just plain hard to find anywhere!

Re: Just curious - 12/20/17 06:05 PM

I appreciate all the feedback. Sounds like this is worth the time. Jeffpg is right, it has become really hard for the common man to find a good lease.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Just curious - 12/26/17 02:09 PM

Place listed in Val Verde county this morning on TBH
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum