Texas Hunting Forum

Annual Quail Sub-Lease Search

Posted By: crash519

Annual Quail Sub-Lease Search - 09/08/17 05:57 PM

I post something similar to this every year in hopes of finding a long term quail hunting sub-lease. By sub-lease, I'm meaning after deer season quail hunting where I will pay $1.00-$1.50/acre for my brother and I to quail hunt. Every year I get offers to bring my dogs and let the people on the lease hunt with us. I'm open to that as well. Has worked out great! Last year was a flop as I bred my female and my male was too young to really put down by himself.

Looking for 1 to 2 sections primarily in the rolling plains region. My brother lives in Amarillo and I'm in Weatherford so somewhere in the middle would be ideal. Biggest difference I can say between my brother and I and a lot of the other quail hunters out there is we will stick with it through good years and bad. We aren't in it just for the boom years then selling our dogs and gear until the next boom. That is partly the reason for looking for an after deer lease. We can't compete with what the season quail lease folks are paying. We hunt primarily public lands until it closes.

Let me know what you have. I've gone from 1 dog to 2 dogs to 4 now. Love watching the dogs work!

Thanks!
Bret

Re: Annual Quail Sub-Lease Search - 09/11/17 04:29 PM

TTT

Re: Annual Quail Sub-Lease Search - 09/14/17 04:36 PM

Bump
Posted By: luke0872

Re: Annual Quail Sub-Lease Search - 09/15/17 05:41 PM

What kind of dogs do you have? Might be interested in putting together a couple hunts after deer season close to colorado city if you're interested

Re: Annual Quail Sub-Lease Search - 09/18/17 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: luke0872
What kind of dogs do you have? Might be interested in putting together a couple hunts after deer season close to colorado city if you're interested

4 Brittany right now. PM sent!

Re: Annual Quail Sub-Lease Search - 10/06/17 04:12 PM

Bump

Re: Annual Quail Sub-Lease Search - 10/31/17 07:58 PM

TTT smile

Re: Annual Quail Sub-Lease Search - 06/18/18 05:26 PM

Up for the new year!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum