Texas Hunting Forum

Impossible to find deer leases anymore

Posted By: wc40950

Impossible to find deer leases anymore - 01/10/15 04:34 AM

We are looking for a deer lease in the Coleman, Brady and junction county area or Vernon, Hardeman, Childress area. This will be for 3 hunters max and at least 500 acres if possible. Sounds almost impossible but if you have one we want a long term lease and looking grow big mature bucks.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Impossible to find deer leases anymore - 01/10/15 01:16 PM

Not impossible but certainly not easy by any means. Try to get out there as much as possible, engaging in genuine fashion/form and see what happens.

Re: Impossible to find deer leases anymore - 01/10/15 01:17 PM

Good luck, those are very good hunting areas..
Posted By: n-all

Re: Impossible to find deer leases anymore - 01/10/15 02:45 PM

Hit the coffee shops..feed stores..call the chamber of commerce for listing's..lots of land goes unhunted just gotta meet the ranchers..
Posted By: Matt1023

Re: Impossible to find deer leases anymore - 01/10/15 03:24 PM

Yep finding lease spots is about who you know. Most of the good leases never make it to the internet I bet. I know the lease manager of my lease has a wait list a mile long in case anyone gets off. Ive been on the same place 10 years and while the trophy quality of the deer has taken a huge drop in the last 5 years, I still keep it because I know it will be hell trying to find another lease.

Re: Impossible to find deer leases anymore - 01/10/15 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt1023
Yep finding lease spots is about who you know. Most of the good leases never make it to the internet I bet. I know the lease manager of my lease has a wait list a mile long in case anyone gets off. Ive been on the same place 10 years and while the trophy quality of the deer has taken a huge drop in the last 5 years, I still keep it because I know it will be hell trying to find another lease.

^^^^ Exactly
Posted By: TxBuck

Re: Impossible to find deer leases anymore - 01/10/15 03:39 PM

Not impossible, just there is lot of competition right now.
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: Impossible to find deer leases anymore - 01/10/15 05:40 PM

Pm me your number
Posted By: RafterLCattle

Re: Impossible to find deer leases anymore - 01/10/15 07:38 PM

Have a 2800 acre lease available for long term agreement 30 miles SW of Childress. PM me if interested.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum