Texas Hunting Forum

'Non deer / non turkey' lease wanted

Posted By: howabouttheiris

'Non deer / non turkey' lease wanted - 12/22/14 06:22 PM

Ideally, I would like to find a small existing deer/turkey lease that has a hog/varmint problem and no real interest in hunting the off season. I would start at the end of deer season, willing to take 6w (+/-) off to allow you to retain full turkey season. Think of it as a neat way to pay for a portion of your deer lease and expenses! Would provide feeder and popup blind or, if desired, I could keep your feeder/feeders running all year for you.

preferred counties:
Located in Austin. (but I currently travel as far as Coke, 3+ hours)

acreage:
No real preference on size, small (100acre) is fine if 'well neighbored'.
Plan on primitive camping only, no need for cabin / facilities / power / etc.
Preference is safety, so exclusivity would be perfect.

budget:
Really depends on property, property location, lease length, seasons, renewal options and rules. Would be willing to pay extra for turkey, would be willing to pay extra for a bow hunt doe, would be willing to pay extra for dove/quail/duck ... basically any season that you are not using.

hunters:
Would like a price for myself + hunting guest arrangement (methods: bow, rifle, and trap)

use rate:
I am a working professional, so realistically looking at 1-2 midweek, plus 6 (+/-) weekends per year.

Anything similar to the above would be considered. Please PM me if you have or know of anything.

Re: 'Non deer / non turkey' lease wanted - 12/31/14 02:05 PM

Only hunt the family acres for deer season ????? Let me keep feed going year round, email you game cam photos of what is waiting for you next season, and get rid of some of your hogs.
Posted By: Russ79

Re: 'Non deer / non turkey' lease wanted - 12/31/14 05:10 PM

I would hook you up except for a couple of problems. I did this one year on one of my leases- leased out hog hunting from the end of muzzle loader season to Labor Day to some guys out of Leander with no problems. It helped make some food plot/corn money. Unfortunately I now have someone on that lease that only hog hunts so that wouldn't be too cool on that one. I have another lease that is twice as big that I proposed to those guys about doing the same thing but some of them didn't want strangers on the lease and said they would take care of the hog killing. To date they haven't been out to hog hunt but maybe once or twice in two years. Wish I could help you out.

Re: 'Non deer / non turkey' lease wanted - 01/01/15 05:57 PM

Russ79, Thanks for your comments and glad that this type of sub-lease did work out for you in the past. I am still hopeful that there are some fall-only hunters out there that are interested in having someone tend to the land for them for the remainder of the year.

I had an deer archery season only sub-lease this year and it really worked out for the gun-hunting landowner. (I am waiting to hear if I can get this again this year, as a possible land sale is looming.) I put a feeder up about 3 months before they would have, made several pre-approved changes wrt brush clearing, had great preseason intel on the population, shot only management animals, and provided a full digital catalog of the mature deer that were showing up daily to the hunter. We got off the land the week before gun season and he just had to show up.

Re: 'Non deer / non turkey' lease wanted - 01/18/15 04:21 PM

TTT. All the way back to page 4 ....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum