Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for an East TX hunting lease

Posted By: kmint54

Looking for an East TX hunting lease - 08/27/14 05:54 PM

Hey guys I'm looking for a long term year round east TX hunting lease for up to 4-5 guys. I want in a good area where good heavy deer are. We want a 200-500+ acre place where we can harvest deer, hogs, varmints, birds and squirrels. The rougher and thicker the better. we would prefer river bottom land but not a must. I want this to be a family lease. We've hunted in the hill country for years but the cost is getting ridiculous!

I grew up in the ranching business so I'm very familiar with the problems land owners have with hunters not respecting their land. We are very management minded hunters and great land stewards. We work very closely with the land owners and help in any way we can.

I really don't want to get on an existing lease with people I don't know. I've done that a couple of times and it didn't work out well. There are a lot of idiots out there who just shouldn't be allowed to hunt or own a gun! LOL! Anyone have any suggestions?
Posted By: SCson

Re: Looking for an East TX hunting lease - 08/27/14 09:26 PM

Stay away from Magnolia hunting club in Spurger Tx?
They have around 8K acres but rules are VERY STRICT & sux - no youth nor bow hunting
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum