Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a youth weekend hunt

Posted By: DMan

Looking for a youth weekend hunt - 08/08/14 05:53 AM

I have not been successful with finding a lease I can afford this year. I would at least like to find an affordable youth weekend hunt for my son.

Let me know if anyone knows of a place.

Thanks,
Dustin
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Looking for a youth weekend hunt - 08/11/14 04:54 PM

Where are you looking to go?
We have been doing youth hunts on our place in E Tx. the last 3 years. We only sell 2 hunts for that weekend to hunt 750+ acres. The youth can shoot any one legal deer per TPWD rules for Panola Co. Last year, a 15 yr old girl killed a 15 1/2 inch wide 9 point. Last year price was $200. Since my brother sets the price, I will have to find out if that has changed or not. Just let me know if you are interested or not. Like I said, we only sell 2 and we fill it pretty quick once I put it out there.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Looking for a youth weekend hunt - 08/11/14 08:30 PM

Get him signed up in the Texas Youth Hunting Program. www.tyhp.org If/when you get picked for a hunt, will cost you about $100 for the weekend. He shoots, you enjoy being there. smile

Charlie
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Looking for a youth weekend hunt - 08/12/14 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
Get him signed up in the Texas Youth Hunting Program. www.tyhp.org If/when you get picked for a hunt, will cost you about $100 for the weekend. He shoots, you enjoy being there. smile

Charlie
You can also put in for the Youth Only draw hunts thru TPWD at various WMA's. My son killed his first 2 deer on one of these hunts.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Looking for a youth weekend hunt - 08/12/14 04:50 PM

Dman, how far do you want to travel?
Posted By: DMan

Re: Looking for a youth weekend hunt - 08/28/14 01:56 AM

Thanks for the replies guys,.
Posted By: Cody Ryan

Re: Looking for a youth weekend hunt - 08/29/14 07:45 PM

Dates will be posted soon for father/son hunts at Kids Outdoor Zone as well...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum