Texas Hunting Forum

Cooke county lease available

Posted By: rackjudge

Cooke county lease available - 07/25/14 01:51 AM

I have recently acquired 900+- acres in cooke county. This ranch is bordered by the mighty Red River and super thick. Has 3 stock tanks and lots of wildlife. There will be 4 hunters total archery or rifle but prefer archery. There have been some studs killed in the immediate area and I suspect this ranch will have some mature deer.

$3500 per hunter
Looking to fill 2 spots
$15.55 per acre
PM or text for more info and pics of deer killed within 1 mile of this place. I hunt on another ranch owned by same rancher. I am helping him lease the place to qualified, management minded hunters (I am not a broker of any sort just helping land owner). This is not a "meat lease" and there have only been a few deer killed in last 6 years. 1 buck allowed per person. Price is not negotiable and neither is the number of spots. If child wants to hunt he/she can hunt with you but 1 buck for each paying hunter.

903-262-7326

Thank you,

Posted By: bowassin

Re: Cooke county lease available - 07/25/14 09:35 PM

That's one expensive buck
Posted By: Shawheel

Re: Cooke county lease available - 07/26/14 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: sav7mag
That's one expensive buck

Agreed.
Posted By: Kenneth1977

Re: Cooke county lease available - 07/26/14 03:04 AM

That's just crazy only one buck and paying that much and no doe can be taken
So I am guessing this is not much of a management lease with no doe being taken.

Re: Cooke county lease available - 07/26/14 03:23 AM

Yes it is expensive but so is your current lease if you do the math. It is also close to DFW and proven to have trophy free range whitetail deer. Given that it is 900acres and only 4 hunters makes for plenty of room for each hunter.

Does are allowed.

If you guys have any further questions please PM or text me.

Thank you,

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/26/14 04:20 AM

The math of it
<><><><><>
Deer lease in Brownwood: $1500
Miles from DFW: 165 one way/ 330 round trip(per mapquest).
Your truck gets 20mpg = 16.5gal fuel burn @ (Tx avg) $3.52/gal= $58.08
Drive time:2hrs 55min one way/ 5hrs 50min
Avg income in Tx according to Forbes $58,431 per year or $30.43/hr X 5hrs 50min= $182.59 value of your time.
(not including wear and tear on vehicle.

Total cost per trip to Brownwood,Tx deer lease $240.67

Deer lease in Gainesville $3500
Miles from DFW: 70 one way/ 140 round trip
Your truck gets 20mpg = 7gal fuel burn @3.52/gal = $24.64
Drive time: 1hr 10min one way or 2hr 20min $30.43/hr X 2.3hrs =$69.99 value of your time

Total cost per trip to Gainesville, Tx $94.63

A difference of $146.04 per weekend

Basically it takes 13.69 trips to break even. That might seem like a lot. BUT consider you go fill protein feeders maybe 3 times in the summer. Then hunt a couple weekends in Oct., 3 weekends in Nov, maybe 2 in Dec. throw in a few weekends of hog and turkey hunting and shazaam you are even money.

If you are like me, the value of being able to hunt Fri evening (because I don't have to take a full day of vacation to do so *more value) and Sunday evening (because I don't get home at midnight and wife is not completely pissed off *more value) adds great value. All of this does not even add the caliber of Deer difference between the two counties!

All things considered, this is a bargain!

Maybe your lease has the same 200" deer potential... But how far is it from DFW?
Maybe your truck gets better MPG... But what is your time worth?

Thank you,

Posted By: mow

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/26/14 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: rackjudge
The math of it
<><><><><>
Deer lease in Brownwood: $1500
Miles from DFW: 165 one way/ 330 round trip(per mapquest).
Your truck gets 20mpg = 16.5gal fuel burn @ (Tx avg) $3.52/gal= $58.08
Drive time:2hrs 55min one way/ 5hrs 50min
Avg income in Tx according to Forbes $58,431 per year or $30.43/hr X 5hrs 50min= $182.59 value of your time.
(not including wear and tear on vehicle.

Total cost per trip to Brownwood,Tx deer lease $240.

Deer lease in Gainesville $3500
Miles from DFW: 70 one way/ 140 round trip
Your truck gets 20mpg = 7gal fuel burn @3.52/gal = $24.64
Drive time: 1hr 10min one way or 2hr 20min $30.43/hr X 2.3hrs =$69.99 value of your time

Total cost per trip to Gainesville, Tx $94.63

A difference of $146.04 per weekend

Basically it takes 13.69 trips to break even. That might seem like a lot. BUT consider you go fill protein feeders maybe 3 times in the summer. Then hunt a couple weekends in Oct., 3 weekends in Nov, maybe 2 in Dec. throw in a few weekends of hog and turkey hunting and shazaam you are even money.

If you are like me, the value of being able to hunt Fri evening (because I don't have to take a full day of vacation to do so *more value) and Sunday evening (because I don't get home at midnight and wife is not completely pissed off *more value) adds great value. All of this does not even add the caliber of Deer difference between the two counties!

All things considered, this is a bargain!

Maybe your lease has the same 200" deer potential... But how far is it from DFW?
Maybe your truck gets better MPG... But what is your time worth?

Thank you

you make a great argument..but you..or anybody i bet NEVER counts their time going to and from property..its called recreation.
Posted By: Kenneth1977

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/26/14 04:58 PM

And this is why we bought a place because of price gouging and I am sorry if I stepped on your post just want it to be all fare and all things said
I never meant to offend ya man
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/26/14 07:20 PM

If the timing was different I'd give it a serious look. Is it a year round lease? Doves, hogs etc.? It would be no more than 30 minutes from my house. My 10 yr old son wants to learn to hunt and this would cut a lot of time in the car for him and we could utilize it more often. If you haven't filled the spot after Sept. 1 please PM me.
Posted By: dfk

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/26/14 11:56 PM

Friday night on I35, not in 1:10.

But why not just post some pics of the deer instead of trying to justify the price?

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/27/14 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: dfk
Friday night on I35, not in 1:10.

But why not just post some pics of the deer instead of trying to justify the price?

My photobucket wouldn't let me grab them. I will try again once I get to a computer.

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/27/14 01:06 PM

This picture is from last summer on a place that is probably a mile a way.

This picture is from the same place. However, this deer was also captured on game cam in the pasture I am leasing (I just do not have that pic)

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/27/14 01:17 PM

These 3 deer were killed 2-3miles from the pasture I am leasing. Below pics are 5-6 years old. But you can see the genetics in the area are strong and with age, these deer can grow up to be some studs!

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/27/14 01:24 PM

This is a recent photo of a buck I have on cam from a near by pasture that I currently lease from landowner. Not sure if he will make the "hit list" yet or not. He could sure turn into something special with a little more time!

Posted By: armadillophil

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/27/14 04:50 PM

Great bucks. When you are talking about Grayson or Cooke county, you can not compare them to any other counties within 300 miles of DFW. Good luck on leasing it and good luck this season.

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/29/14 12:24 PM

I am showing this weekend to a few people. Does anyone else want to look at the pasture on Saturday? After this weekend, I will not be available to show again until Aug 22.

Thank you,

Barrett

903-262-7326
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/29/14 10:12 PM

None of the hunters or their friends are on THF?

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/30/14 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
None of the hunters or their friends are on THF?

Not sure, but I am. Would you think less of them if they are not?
Posted By: vanndchi

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 07/31/14 12:41 AM

Are you north or west of the place the big deer were killed? Do you border the river?
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Cooke county lease available, math included! - 08/10/14 07:35 PM

Thank god im not a deerhunter.

Would go broke
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum