Texas Hunting Forum

CLOSED - Foard County Lease 3 openings.

Posted By: txd33rhunt3r

CLOSED - Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/27/13 01:41 AM

We have had 3 members from AR get off the lease and so we have 3 spots open now. 3000 acre lease for 9 members total. We have dove, whitetail and mule deer, turkeys,and hogs. The lease has a main camping area with trailer hookups (i.e. electricity, water, sewage.) Our lease is $2500/yr and is located approx 15 miles west of Crowell on hwy 70 on the North side.

If you have any questions please contact Ray Fessler at 903.926.5293

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/27/13 01:55 AM

Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/27/13 02:45 AM

Good lookin' animals, just spoke to Mr. Fessler, he seems like a really good guy.

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/27/13 02:46 AM

Yes sir Mr Fessler is a great guy and he is also an excellent cook!
Posted By: n-all

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/27/13 02:56 AM

good area..

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/27/13 03:03 AM

Thanks n-all it is a great area. My father and uncles have been hunting in Crowell for the past 20 years and the area has always produced for us.
Posted By: gunslinger922

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/27/13 04:04 AM

I've had this be an issue on a previous lease post so before I ask if there are still spots available I need to know if the lease is wife/family friendly? My wife has been hunting now for 6 years and is an excellent sportsman and not easily offended (a necessity being married to me I suppose) While our children are grown, we do have a 12 yr old grand daughter who we are introducing to the outdoors.

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/27/13 04:20 AM

It is a family friendly lease. However in deer season, we do have a rule that only 1 deer can be taken per paid hunter. So, if you have your wife there or grand daughter and one of them takes a deer, they are using your tag unless you and your wife count as 2 members. That is only for deer season though and we do have cull hunts where family members can come out and hunt for deer then. Other than that, anyone is welcome with a prereq that this is a hunting lease, we dont go out there to party and ride 4 wheelers up and down the roads and all night, we are there to hunt and have some good times with friends.....but mainly hunt. During deer season most guys go out before light and come back in the evening after dark. I dont mean to ramble on and I hope I have effectively answered your question I just want to make sure it is conveyed that is very family friendly, my mom goes with my dad occasionally and there are children there occasionally but we don't just party up there either.

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/28/13 01:35 AM

TTT for a great price on a good lease up in Crowell TX. If you get in now you'll make for spring Turkey season.

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/28/13 03:05 AM

dont understand..all these guys looking for a place..this is a prime lease..not much better out there..man up..
Posted By: TXMachinist

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/28/13 04:07 AM

2500.00 and you can only kill 1 deer?
Posted By: jskin

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/28/13 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: n-all
dont understand..all these guys looking for a place..this is a prime lease..not much better out there..man up..

Im sure its a great place but lots of people don't spend 2500 for a lease. At that price it caters to a select group. not bashing the lease at all but rather your comment

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/28/13 05:16 PM

Well good n cheap..are hard to find these days..bash all you want man..just the truth..

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/28/13 07:41 PM

Yes sir 1 Wt buck and 1 mule deer buck irregardless of county quota. Its lease rules per land owner. But it's not 1 deer your paying the 2500 for its a lease for many types of game to be hunted and fun to be had

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/28/13 08:04 PM

I understand completely about the price it's not for everybody but it is fair for the area and quality/quantity of game we see.

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/28/13 08:32 PM

Well good n cheap..are hard to find these days..bash all you want man..just the truth..

Not bashing you're the one running your mouth about people not jumping on this lease!

Trust me if I could afford it I'd be all over it! Looks awesome!

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/28/13 10:25 PM

running my mouth?..u talk like a pretty tuff guy on the puter..

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 02/28/13 11:21 PM

running my mouth?..u talk like a pretty tuff guy on the puter..

Me confused2.....you are the one who originally told everyone to man up loco

Sorry txd33 for the worthless banter didn't mean to clutter your post

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 12:28 AM

It boils down to $50.00 a week for a quality lease..I guess thats a deal breaker for you?...
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 12:44 AM

Guess I'm confused. Is it one buck, either whitetail or mule deer or one of each?

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 12:53 AM

Hey Mike..
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 01:13 AM

Hey Don..

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 01:35 AM

Mike it's one of each sir. and then whatever the county quota is for Turkey dove and other game. No limit on hogs
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 02:07 AM

Are there lots of mulies that way, nice ones?

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 02:53 AM

I don't have any pics of the mulies we have taken but there are some yes, I wouldn't say a lot but a few.

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 03:11 AM

Here is a pic from a blind on the north side

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 03:19 AM

And this is one of the culls we took 2 years ago, we got his son this year, almost identical.

Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 03:20 AM

Very nice blind setup there, can see them from quite a distance..

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 03:25 AM

Thanks yea you can see them for a good ways off. True story, watched this guy get killed accidentally when he was fighting another larger 10 and apparently the others tines slipped up under him and got him in the lungs and he died about 20 yds to the left of that feeder in the pic.

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 04:26 AM

cool story

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: txd33rhunt3r
It is a family friendly lease. However in deer season, we do have a rule that only 1 deer can be taken per paid hunter. So, if you have your wife there or grand daughter and one of them takes a deer, they are using your tag unless you and your wife count as 2 members. That is only for deer season though and we do have cull hunts where family members can come out and hunt for deer then. Other than that, anyone is welcome with a prereq that this is a hunting lease, we dont go out there to party and ride 4 wheelers up and down the roads and all night, we are there to hunt and have some good times with friends.....but mainly hunt. During deer season most guys go out before light and come back in the evening after dark. I dont mean to ramble on and I hope I have effectively answered your question I just want to make sure it is conveyed that is very family friendly, my mom goes with my dad occasionally and there are children there occasionally but we don't just party up there either.

Are you on MLD? Guess I'm confused, how can family do cull hunts after deer season is over. If there are cull hunts available for paid members families we may definately be interested in this lease again.
Thanks

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/01/13 11:42 PM

It's not mld and its not after season is over. Usually at the end of season is when the culls are removed and whoever has a tag can get a cull. The cull in the picture was taken by my bil who is a guest with a valid tag. after rereading the highlighted part of that I realize it sounds like after deer season. It is not however it is during regular deer season.

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/02/13 01:28 AM

Also, Ray is taking some people up to see the lease next week if anyone is interested in tagging along give him a shout.

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/02/13 03:09 AM

good deal, thanks for the reply txd

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/02/13 03:01 PM

Sure bump for the Saturday morning I'm at work which is unfortunate crowd.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/03/13 12:22 AM

I'm near Tioga. How long does it take you to get there from Aubrey. Not interested in getting more than one deer. I have an eight year old that wants to start hunting and am more interested in all around game opportunities so that I can get him started right.

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/03/13 02:21 PM

From Tioga its gonna take about 3hrs maybe 3.5. Thats what most of the guys are on there for the quantity of game you see every time you go.

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/05/13 01:11 AM

Bump for Monday

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/06/13 02:40 PM

Bump for Wednesday

Re: Foard County Lease 3 openings. - 03/08/13 03:51 AM

Mods please delete all places have been filled.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum