Texas Hunting Forum

Job opening for Whitetail Properties

Posted By: WhitetailProperties

Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/05/13 04:13 AM

Anyone out there interested in a career change to the hunting and ranch land real estate business?

We are looking for sales agents all over Texas. PM or send resume to texascareer@whitetailproperties.tv if interested.
Posted By: thewrap

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/05/13 05:20 PM

Do you have to have a real estate license?
Posted By: TXMachinist

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/05/13 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: thewrap
Do you have to have a real estate license?

And do you have any part time sales positions?

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/05/13 09:01 PM

A real estate license is required to obtain this position, however, it is not necessary to interview for the position.

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/05/13 09:02 PM

At this time we are only looking for full time agents.
Posted By: hunterbrian67

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/05/13 09:38 PM

My wife has great customer service skills,maybe I need to get her to send a resume in,will you help her get her license?
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/05/13 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: hunterbrian67
My wife has great customer service skills,maybe I need to get her to send a resume in,will you help her get her license?

look at the Texas real estate website, they have the info you will need to get started

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/07/13 03:10 PM

That is correct, the TREC website has all the educational requirements outlined for you and there are many excellent schools out there to take the classes from. The schools will be able to give you cost/time estimates as well. Thanks for the interest!

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/14/13 02:14 PM

bump
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/14/13 03:42 PM

I've got great people skills. If they don't listen I taze 'em or throw 'em in jail. I bet I could folks to buy.
Posted By: Plain Lucky

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/15/13 12:10 PM

Thanks

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/20/13 05:29 PM

bump
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/20/13 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: WhitetailProperties
Anyone out there interested in a career change to the hunting and ranch land real estate business?

We are looking for sales agents all over Texas. PM or send resume to texascareer@whitetailproperties.tv if interested.

Please get responsible agents, I wanted Whitetail Properties to list my 213 acres in Kansas because you reach more than local buyers. Zed would go weeks before getting back to me and he stood up my guy who was going to give him land tour without even a call. I ended up going with local agent, guess the $35k commission wasn't worth it to Whitetail Properties.
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/21/13 12:57 AM

35K is steep commision for a 480K piece of property, thats over 7% commish. shouldnt be more than 6%

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/21/13 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: BBD84
35K is steep commision for a 480K piece of property, thats over 7% commish. shouldnt be more than 6%

Whitetail Properties asks for 7-8% because of the "premium services" they offer. You can try to negotiate that, but that's what they ask for. Not responding to messages for 1-2 weeks and being an appointment no-show without contact is their idea of premium services. Agent I'm with now is only 4% and I get some of that if I provide the lead.

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/21/13 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Originally Posted By: BBD84

Whitetail Properties asks for 7-8% because of the "premium services" they offer. You can try to negotiate that, but that's what they ask for. Not responding to messages for 1-2 weeks and being an appointment no-show without contact is their idea of premium services. Agent I'm with now is only 4% and I get some of that if I provide the lead.

marketing costs alot of money. If you want your property to be featured in the Big mags like Lands of Texas and Farm & Ranch, those ads arn't cheap, I can see someone asking for 7%-8% for a smaller deal.

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/21/13 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
marketing costs alot of money. If you want your property to be featured in the Big mags like Lands of Texas and Farm & Ranch, those ads arn't cheap, I can see someone asking for 7%-8% for a smaller deal.

I don't think WP does any specific advertising for your property unless you choose the auction route and then you have to pay a fixed fee and some back-end for the marketing. WP has a great website and TV show that reach a huge audience, that is their main benefit over a local agent and listing with MLS. That's what you are paying for. I think it still comes down to how hard the agent works for you, a local agent with local contacts plus MLS or a distant agent trying to catch out of state buyer. FYI at least area I'm in the current land owners are flush with money last few years from price of beans etc. Supposedly most that come in from out of town with big pockets get beat by locals with even bigger pockets, I snuck through. smile
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/21/13 03:58 PM

Why don't you sell to a local or a neighboring landowner? Why would they not want it? Guess it isn't farming land and they all farm.

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/21/13 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman
Why don't you sell to a local or a neighboring landowner? Why would they not want it? Guess it isn't farming land and they all farm.

Mostly true, the 70-80 acres of brome is highly desired. We thought best for deer not to hay, but especially in the drought last summer we had ranchers dying for it. I never really looked into it, I don't know what the timber or minerals would be worth. I was 100% focused on the deer. smile

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/21/13 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman

neighbors have to have money to buy it. thats always obstacle no.1

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/21/13 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
I think it still comes down to how hard the agent works for you, a local agent with local contacts plus MLS or a distant agent trying to catch out of state buyer.

it always comes down to how hard the agent is willing to work for you

Re: Job opening for Whitetail Properties - 02/22/13 03:53 PM

Rob,

Very sorry to hear about your experience and it is certainly inexcusable for anyone! We certainly pride ourselves in premium professionalism and top notch marketing efforts for all of our properties. I can assure you this experience isn't common among our clients and hope we can have the opportunity to work with you in the future.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum