Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas

Posted By: firesheriff

Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 02/21/12 02:57 AM

53 +/- acres for sale. Off of County Road 230, about 2 miles south of Highway 41. County Road 230 is about 2 miles east of FM 335 and Highway 41. The coordinates from Google are 30.049287,-100.020508. This should get you to what shows up as a “white” area next to a road. That’s my pad sight, where the travel trailer is located. My property goes down the page to the draw that more or less parallels the road.

We have shot Whitetail and Wild Pig. We have seen dove and quail. We have had on trail camera: turkey (hear them alot too), Axis, Blackbuck, and Aoudad. A neighbor told me he's seen Mouflon on his place.

Included with the sale of the land is a 33' Forest River Ultra Light Travel Trailer. It has two slide outs. Toilet/shower with separate sink. It will sleep seven.
We had a caliche pad area (30'X50' +/-) cleared out to put it on. There is a stone fire ring too.

Pedernales Electric Co-Op is the electrical provider. $25.00/month to keep the power on year round. There is a 200Amp service with two 30Amp RV receptacles and one 20Amp/110V receptacle already on the power pole.

Telephone is supposed to be available. I'm at the end of the telephone line. The box that comes out of the ground is there, I've just never looked into getting a phone as my AT&T cell phone works just fine. My across the road neighbor had some type of high speed internet so that should be available too.

Currently I’ve got one water trough, one ladder stand, and one 300lbs. Season All feeder on the property.

There are the remains of a 4’X8’ box blind that I built for the 2010-2011 season. It got blow over just before the beginning of the 2011-2012 season. It has/had a set of scaffolding stairs up to the 2’X4’ porch. I haven’t had time to repair it. The base/platform was built using Elevator brand brackets, it should be OK. Not sure about the walls and tin roof.

The only reason I’m selling is we just don’t have time to get out there like we want to due to two kids school activities and my wife is back in school too.

We are asking $150,000 for it all.

If interested, PM me a telephone number with the best time to call.

Robert

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 02/24/12 08:49 PM

Edwards Co. Is a five deer county!

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 02/28/12 12:27 AM

We will consider selling without the travel trailer, for a lowered price, of course.

Posted By: goodgolly3811

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/01/12 09:54 PM

ttt

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/09/12 03:27 AM

Calling real estate agent soon.

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/09/12 04:54 AM

Good luck,let me know.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/13/12 05:57 PM

You mentioned having one water trough on the place. Does that mean a working water well?

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/13/12 09:45 PM

No water well. I bought water from the neighbor across the road. That neighbor has moved on. I haven't talked to the new neighbor about buying water. All the black poly lines are still there to suppply the travel trailer and the water trough.

I was eventually going to build a water collector to supply the trough. They are realitively easy to build...several plans are available on line.

Robert

Posted By: passthru

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/14/12 07:04 PM

How deep is the aquifer in that area? That's assuming of course that your neighbor isn't on some sort of public water supply.

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/15/12 02:09 AM

Sorry but I have no idea the depth of the aquifer. My old neighbor did not put in the well and did not buy the property from the person who put the well in.

Robert

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/15/12 12:53 PM

firesheriff

I would suggest you enlist the help of a good local real estate agent or broker in your area.

it will make things easier on your part

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/17/12 07:05 PM

goodgolly3811,
You have a PM

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/18/12 02:12 AM

Hey firesheriff, I returned your pm yesterday. Did you not get them( I actually sent 2 )? I am definately interested. Let me know if I need to send another pm. Thanks

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/18/12 08:49 AM

Never got either one. Can you try again?

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/18/12 03:29 PM

Just sent both pm's again

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/19/12 12:22 PM

Pm returned

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 03/22/12 06:09 PM

Handicap,
PM returned.

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 04/02/12 09:53 PM

Blind base put back up this past weekend!
It's ready to be rebuilt or a pop up put on it!

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 04/10/12 11:41 PM

Bump

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 04/12/12 12:28 AM

PRICE REDUCED TO $140,000.00

Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 04/12/12 08:27 PM

$140,000 as above

Posted By: newulmboy

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 04/13/12 07:08 PM

Aquifer is approx 450' deep is anyone is still wanting to know. I've looked at listings from realtors that have properties close to this one. And free bump.

Posted By: JohnRussell

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 04/16/12 02:23 AM

Am I correct in assuming the price is just under $3000 per acre?

Electricity, but no water?

"Cabin" is a travel trailer?

Just trying to get an idea. Thanks.

R

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 04/16/12 09:16 PM

Actually a little less than $2647.00/ acre. See price reduction an few posts up.

Electricity (Pedernales Electric Co-op) is there. Water is not.
Telephone line is there too. Never tried to have it connected as my AT&T cellphone works just fine.

Travel trailer is included in the sale price. If you are interested in buying without the travel trailer we can work that out.

Robert

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 04/24/12 09:39 PM

Going to a Real Estate Agent soon.

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 05/08/12 03:59 AM

ttt

Posted By: danny871

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 05/08/12 04:47 PM

Did land shoot up this much in Edwards County....If it did Im sitting on a gold mine.....I bought 80 acres 3 years ago with cabin electricity and water for 1200.00 acre....Mayb its time to sell.

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 05/08/12 07:04 PM

Do you have any more info on the camper? Age, condition? Are you willing to sell it by itself and if so, how much?

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 05/08/12 08:17 PM

Let me get home and look up all the particulars on the travel trailer.
It is in very good condition
We will not sell it by itself unless someone buys just the land first.

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 05/08/12 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: danny871
Did land shoot up this much in Edwards County....If it did Im sitting on a gold mine.....I bought 80 acres 3 years ago with cabin electricity and water for 1200.00 acre....Mayb its time to sell.
You got a really good deal. We have a place in Real cty. Rugged mountaintop,no water,no electricity,4x4 required to access. Real cty tax assessor valuation is $2250 an acre. I tried fighting them on this and even went down before the board and stood in a long line to argue my case,they just laughed at me.

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 05/08/12 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
You got a really good deal. We have a place in Real cty. Rugged mountaintop,no water,no electricity,4x4 required to access. Real cty tax assessor valuation is $2250 an acre. I tried fighting them on this and even went down before the board and stood in a long line to argue my case,they just laughed at me.

hate to tell you, rocksprings area land isn't $2200/acre stuff

Posted By: danny871

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 05/09/12 12:13 AM

It appears smaller pieces of property with electicity and living facilities are selling in the 1500-1900 range in Edwards County. You get into Real County and Kimble County and prices shoot way up....

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 05/09/12 01:27 PM

It appears smaller pieces of property with electicity and living facilities are selling in the 1500-1900 range in Edwards County. You get into Real County and Kimble County and prices shoot way up....

Land South of Rockspring is selling for 1500-1900/acre with electricity and living facilities (raw land appraised at about 1050/acre) but I think raw land Northeast of RS is appraised for about 1800/acre.

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 05/11/12 02:34 AM

newulmboy,
PM returned

Posted By: lcneo2112

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 05/13/12 03:06 PM

PM SENt

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 05/13/12 03:21 PM

PM returned

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 07/09/12 09:55 PM

Did you ever sell the property?

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 08/08/12 01:42 AM

Sorry so long to reply....haven't had time to get on here frown

Property is still on the market, now listed with Western Hill Country Realty.

Re: Price Reduced! Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 09/25/12 12:01 PM

PM answered
Posted By: onebighead

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/01/12 07:41 PM

Yea this is over priced. Look into that area you can find some sweet deals if you like that area

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/03/12 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: onebighead
Yea this is over priced. Look into that area you can find some sweet deals if you like that area

Why thank you real estate swami

Why make a negative comment?

Seller can ask whatever he wants. Not saying that he's in line with current market value, but If you don't like it, just move on
Posted By: Ccain2285

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/04/12 04:25 PM

Did land shoot up this much in Edwards County....If it did Im sitting on a gold mine.....I bought 80 acres 3 years ago with cabin electricity and water for 1200.00 acre....Mayb its time to sell. hey there danny 871 you ever think about leasing out your spot if so let me know im looking to lease around that area

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/04/12 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Ccain2285
Did land shoot up this much in Edwards County....If it did Im sitting on a gold mine.....I bought 80 acres 3 years ago with cabin electricity and water for 1200.00 acre....Mayb its time to sell. hey there danny 871 you ever think about leasing out your spot if so let me know im looking to lease around that area

off hand, without seeing the condition of the cabin, its probably worth somewhere in teh neighborhood of $1500/acre.

alot will depend on access, as well. having to ride a burro thru 5 different ranches to get to your place isn't gonna help the prices any

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/04/12 04:48 PM

I think this property is in NorthEast Edwards County. Land there is appraised much higher than the rest of the county. I know because I researched it when I was looking for property to buy. Im not saying its priced right. Just stating a fact.

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/04/12 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: newulmboy
I think this property is in NorthEast Edwards County. Land there is appraised much higher than the rest of the county. I know because I researched it when I was looking for property to buy. Im not saying its priced right. Just stating a fact.

how did you research it?

did you pull comps from lending agencies

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/04/12 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: newulmboy

how did you research it?

did you pull comps from lending agencies

I used the appraisal districts website, all you need is the owners name. Thats how I researched the lands market value. I do not know this guy, but I know a friend who owns land very close. As previously stated before, his land is appraised / market value is at $1800/ac. I had a real estate agency show me comparisons for nearby properties that had recently sold. I'm not foolish enough to believe they sold for the asking price by any means though, starting at about 20% above appraised. This was back in February.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/04/12 09:52 PM

That is not a valid way to value land or a house. That is possibly the worst way to get market value. My tax value is 25% less than market.

The only way to estimate market is by recently sold comps which is not public unless you are a realtor and they reported it. (But yes, this price does seem a bit high. Especially since it hasn't sold yet in this market. But rural land can sit on the market for years if not income producing or top of the line.)
Posted By: sillyhorses

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/05/12 12:07 AM

I agree with Newulmboy. I also have been dealing on several properties in this area and it all is going for between that $1500 to $2200 per acre. As we all know, prices are determined by many, many factors. Not to start preaching like I am a estate Guru but, location, improvements, and in west texas water are huge factors. You guys all need to go get yourself your own little piece of the pie!
Posted By: Captain39

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/13/12 02:10 AM

To all you real estate experts on here, many who don't own land, I own the place across the street from this land. You might want to actually view the land before talking. We have excellent access to hwy 41, electricity, & currently he is able to use my water well when needed. The land sells for higher than the rest of Edwards county cause location & convenience. Plus he has a awesome neighbor across the street!
Posted By: Otto

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/13/12 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Captain39
To all you real estate experts on here, many who don't own land, I own the place across the street from this land. You might want to actually view the land before talking. We have excellent access to hwy 41, electricity, & currently he is able to use my water well when needed. The land sells for higher than the rest of Edwards county cause location & convenience. Plus he has a awesome neighbor across the street!

Great first post!!!!

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/20/12 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Captain39

What is going to be the tell of the tape is what the CMV is on the property. this is the job of the listing agent.

many agents, when confronted with a buyer who thinks his land is worth more than it is (I am not describing this property) will take a listing at the price the landowner wants rather than trying to advise him on a asking price based upon reserch of recently sold properties. all the property is going to do at that time is serve as bait to get calls and then flip buyers to properties that are priced in line.

Again, I'm not describing this property, I haven't seen it or its location. if it is in far eastern edwards county, off hwy 41, its going to bring a higher price per acre than stuff around barksdale or carta valley.

BTW captain, I am a farm and ranch real estate agent, currently working on getting my brokers license

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/22/12 04:36 PM

Land is worth what a person is willing to pay for. Does not matter what other land around you is selling for, really. We have bought 4 tracts over the past 1-2 years in SW Edwards county and it ranged between 900-1057 an acre, depending on what the owners (previous) wanted for that tract and how badly they wanted to sell it.

Since then, we have added electricity, a cabin, and rainwater collection.

Still, we would be hard pressed to sell it for $2000 an acre right now unless you add in the fact we have some really good neighbors, and a turn-key operation... i.e. pens around the feeders, nice comfy stands with padded bench seats etc for us older and less 'rugged-inclined' folks wink

As was stated, I talk almost daily with real estate folks in the area as a lot of people I know out there are either trying to buy or trying to sell and, frankly, on any given day someone might walk into the office and offer more or less than what the asking price is or the value.

My suggestion is, do your research, and then quietly PM folks on here that own or lease or sell land down there and be respectful not to mess with anyone's sale.

Again, jmo.. but a man has a right to ask any price he wants and buyer beware.

R

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/23/12 09:56 PM

In most cases, land is worth what the bank appraises it at.

There have been some places sell for outrageous asking prices, but they have something that typical places dont (lodging,location, big water,live water,etc)

A guy isn't going to walk into a office and offer more than asking price in today's market, I can assure you.

We have sold some properties at top dollar recently, and to the individual purchasing them, it was worth paying for. But in every instance, there was something about the property that was very unique.

As an owner, you certainly have the right to ask whatever you want for it, but if it's high be prepared for it to sit on the market.

In a county like Edwards, where a lot of property changes hands, it's pretty easy to get a bead on what the current market value is of like type properties

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 10/25/12 02:26 AM

agreed. Just PM folks on here that own land or sell land in that area and we will give you our thoughts without disrupting the OPs sale.

R

Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas - 01/10/13 04:22 PM

Reduced to $130,000.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum