Texas Hunting Forum

Best way to find a lease

Posted By: Lil Louie

Best way to find a lease - 11/14/11 03:58 PM

Without knowing anybody what do yall recommend the best route to take in finding a deer lease? I haven't been deer hunting in 15 years and would like to find a place for me, my 8 year old and my dad for next year possibly. I would like it to be a year round place we can dove hunt on or just go out and shoot and hang out. I've checked with Chamber of Commerece in certain County's in the past with no real luck. Of course another issue seems to be price. We got lucky years ago and found a lease outside of Jacksboro for $300 a year on 150 acres back when I was a kid but thats unheard of now. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Best way to find a lease - 11/14/11 07:26 PM

Hey Louie,
You're gonna have to plan and start saving now. $1500-$2000/year is about par. Check this site and other hunting sites. Join Leasehunter.com and check there. Put the word out to all of your hunting buddies and hopefully get invited to join an existing lease. Good luck.

Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Best way to find a lease - 11/17/11 07:15 PM

Go to an area that you would like to hunt and just talk to some older people. We have done that and found several leases. In fact the only lease that we didn't find that way we found on here!

Posted By: JustAnotherHunter

Re: Best way to find a lease - 11/18/11 09:09 PM

We have been using this site to search for leases, it is nothing special, but every once and a while we see something good. http://www.worldwideadventurenetwork.com/forum/topics/texas-hunting-report

Posted By: Lil Louie

Re: Best way to find a lease - 11/30/11 04:31 PM

Thanks yall

Posted By: 10pointdoe

Re: Best way to find a lease - 12/01/11 06:41 PM

chamber of commerce

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum