Texas Hunting Forum

Veteran looking for some help.

Posted By: Bradley Clifton

Veteran looking for some help. - 08/11/11 07:51 PM

I am a veteran, and I just recently moved to Texas(Angelina county). I am from Kentucky so I am new to this whole leasing thing. So I am looking for an affordable and close place to hunt. If anyone knows of anywhere please let me know.

Posted By: Russ79

Re: Veteran looking for some help. - 08/11/11 08:51 PM

There are leases in the area that seem to always need members- Renfro Hunting Club south of Lufkin I think always needs members. Go to www.crownpinetimber.com- that is the web site for Campbell Group, a timber holding company. You can lease your own tract or join an existing lease. Right now there are two tracts in Angelina county that are up for bid, one is 1345 acres and one is 572 acres. Once you pull up that website go to the drop down box to select "Texas" and click the "accept" box on the next screen. You can click on Angelina county and it will pull up the two leases up for bid now. Or, in the box where it says standard hunting lease you can change that to "leases needing members" and you can have many options in location in Angelina county and pricing.

Re: Veteran looking for some help. - 08/11/11 09:10 PM

Thanks, Ill check it out!

Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: Veteran looking for some help. - 08/13/11 02:17 PM

welcome,becareful with east texas leases,check them out before signing on,there is a reason these hunt clubs are always looking for members,give me shout if I can be any help I'm in Anglina county as well welcome

Posted By: goodgolly3811

Re: Veteran looking for some help. - 08/13/11 03:02 PM

Check out the package deals as well as the day hunts before you take that leap. You can fill your tags easier as well as get an idea of the area you like. Just a thought...Pat

Re: Veteran looking for some help. - 08/30/11 04:28 AM

I sure will! I am just looking for a few acres to hunt, where I wont bother anyone and no one will bother me.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum