Texas Hunting Forum

Duval County deer lease

Posted By: oetkenranch

Duval County deer lease - 04/25/11 07:51 PM

Need one gun to fill a 7 gun lease. I have been on the lease 2002 we have running water and electricity. The lease is 2,300 acres and has no livestock on it since 2009. We have deer, hogs, quail and varmints. Each member is allowed to take 1 trophy and 1 cull. Family members includes your spouse or children that are 18 years old or under or a full time student or in the military can shoot off of your tag. The price is $3,644.00 and the electricity is paid at the end of the season and is divided 7 ways and it is a year round lease.

Call Jimmy 713-725-9849

Posted By: BMD

Re: Duval County deer lease - 04/25/11 07:53 PM

What kind of bucks you taking? Pics? All this info would help

Posted By: oetkenranch

Re: Duval County deer lease - 04/26/11 12:43 PM

Most of the bucks that we take are in 120 B/C class. We took a main frame 8 point with 2 kickers that scored 143 B/C. The body weight of the deer we kill average 155 lbs field dress. We are not a trophy lease but we are working hard to make it better. We have been able to remove the cattle off for the last 2 years, we have been feeding protein for the last 5 years and now have four new water stations in place. All we need now is mother nature to help us out with some rain. And 3 of the 6 hunters that are on the lease have been on the lease since 2002.

Posted By: FSR Guide

Re: Duval County deer lease - 04/26/11 07:37 PM

Gents...this is a good deer lease with some great guys on it. I hunted on the ranch for several years and can tell you its getting better each year with the protein feed they are putting out and the culling process. If anyone is interested in hunting with some great guys and building a good deer heard this is the place for you. Jimmy who runs the lease is a good friend of mine and is a great lease manager who works his tail off down there all year. Plenty of hogs on this place to have fun hunting in the off season when your down filling feeders or just enjoying a wknd in south texas.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum