Texas Hunting Forum

Fishing Galveston bays, need guide

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Fishing Galveston bays, need guide - 06/06/22 01:04 PM

Not happy with the guide we took the last two years. Anyone suggest a great guide they have used?
Posted By: aguavidaranch

Re: Fishing Galveston bays, need guide - 06/06/22 01:46 PM

Swamp donkey Charters
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Fishing Galveston bays, need guide - 06/06/22 02:11 PM

thanks, I'll check them out, I'll tell them you referred me.
Posted By: west-tex

Re: Fishing Galveston bays, need guide - 06/06/22 02:30 PM

Capt. Garry McAnninch

281-245-5598
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Fishing Galveston bays, need guide - 06/06/22 04:46 PM

Used 3 or 4 different guides never been elated about any of them...never got skunked but never limited out either. Most wanted to drift fish oyster beds for trout, went "near shore" once, caught 3 shark, jack fish, and couple others too small to keep. Guide seemed more interested in chasing tarpon...never seen or caught any tarpon.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Fishing Galveston bays, need guide - 06/06/22 07:26 PM

No info on guides, the water color was beautiful yesterday! Caught small sharks and some trout in the surf. A guy down the beach from us was kayaking baits out and caught a ling and a king mackerel from the beach!
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Fishing Galveston bays, need guide - 06/06/22 08:53 PM

Last few times out a few years back was with Capt. Mike LaRue, Laruesguideservice.com Buddy goes with him a few times every year. All depends what type fishing you want to do, artificial, live and/or cut bait.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Fishing Galveston bays, need guide - 06/06/22 10:24 PM

I was a guide on galveston bay for 12 years. I know a lot of them. Mike Larue is one of the best especially if you want Tarpon. I believe he still holds the state record for the largest tarpon in Texas waters. If you are a die hard artificial guy then he is definitely the guy to go to.

However if your skills are not up to chunkin lures all day then I recommend a live bait guide like Capt Mike Mesa 281-904-6925 or capt Nathan Gray.

Depending on what you want you cant go wrong with any of these guides.

These guys are the best of the best. Now that I am retired these are the 3 I would call if I ever need a trip.
Posted By: Nick1

Re: Fishing Galveston bays, need guide - 06/16/22 02:08 AM

For bay…brad panek. Brad 1-832-326-5826
Brad worked his butt off to get me and my 2 daughters reds/ speck limits on a windy bad fishing day. I believe he used to work for swamp donkey. I will only book with him. Awesome guy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum