Texas Hunting Forum

AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed...

Posted By: Creekrunner

AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/16/22 06:33 PM

I know I'm behind the 8 ball here, but I could really use an Alaskan fishing guide/outfitter recommendation for September of THIS year. We know it will be cool. 30th anniversary. 'Understand, at this late date, I might have to hope for a cancellation. Halibut would be a plus, but inland/fresh water is okay too. I have no idea what's running in September up there. On a boat (not large group), or inland/on land is okay.
My mountain goat outfitter was fantastic, but, on our anniversary, we'd prefer no sweet kids, or sweet dogs on the boat. I've only experienced SE, close to Juneau, so anything further north would be great. Thanks in advance! up
Posted By: Erny

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/16/22 07:50 PM

I went last year with Millers Landing in Seward. They have a bunch of different charters you can choose from. I was very pleased with my multi-species trip

https://www.millerslandingak.com/
[Linked Image]

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/16/22 08:06 PM

Thanks. I sent them a message via their website. up
Posted By: jdangler

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/16/22 09:08 PM

My dad went with this same outfitter several years ago and really enjoyed it as well, he wants to go back
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/16/22 11:55 PM

Silver Seas Adventures out of Craig, AK is a really good outfit for salmon, halibut and bottom fish.
Posted By: KKS

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/17/22 03:05 PM

Valdez Outfitters is very good as well. Valdez is a nice small town, but the same is tree up and down the coast.
Posted By: Wildcat1

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/17/22 04:06 PM

If you have plenty money look at dove island and board walk. Ron
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/18/22 01:38 AM

Man those halibut look tasty

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/19/22 11:28 AM

Thanks all! I sent some inquiries. We'll see.
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/19/22 07:48 PM

Valdez is my favorite fishing destination as it doesn't get the cruise ship traffic. Fish Central is a one stop booking agent there that I have used many times.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/20/22 04:37 AM

I called to book July 2023 with king of kings and next season is soldout. Gonna book for 2024
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/20/22 02:03 PM

Call Kent Huff at Glacier Bay Eagles Nest Lodge in Gustavus, Alaska (35 miles west of Juneau) about a last minute cancellation that just opened up a spot in June. 801-376-6513 www.glacierbayfishing.com
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 05/23/22 04:16 PM

Three of us went Halibut fishing out of Homer with Captain B's Alaskan C's and it was a great trip. We also did a fly in combo trip with Alaska West Air out of Nikiski to Wolverine Creek and Crescent Lake for char and trout. The fly in trip was awesome!
Posted By: Rogers Jackson

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 06/03/22 02:35 PM

If you are still getting information, you might try Captain Shane Blakely, Driftwood Charters out of Homer, AK. Homer is a nice town too. His website is here: https://driftwoodcharters.com/. We've known him for 5-6 years and fish with him often. LOL. Didn't think my first post would be about fishing in Alaska....

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 06/03/22 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rogers Jackson
If you are still getting information, you might try Captain Shane Blakely, Driftwood Charters out of Homer, AK. Homer is a nice town too. His website is here: https://driftwoodcharters.com/. We've known him for 5-6 years and fish with him often. LOL. Didn't think my first post would be about fishing in Alaska....

welcome And many thanks! I will contact him. 'Put out two inquiries weeks ago and, so far, have only received one back saying they're closed then. I replied, asking if there's an opening this August or a recommendation for dates for next year, but now it's crickets.
Posted By: kry226

Re: AK fishing outfitter recommendation needed... - 06/05/22 10:25 PM

Not sure if you're still looking, but I fished with these guys (Silver Fox Charters) a good while back out of Homer for halibut, but looks like they have merged with another charter company since. 50 miles out into the Cook Inlet in early July and we were covered up with humpback whales too. The boat took some big halibut and had to shoot a couple before dragging on board. It's like trying to reel in a barn door and my biggest bite took off and left with my salmon head bait in 175 feet of water.

Hope you get something nailed down for this year and have a great trip. up

https://www.maverickcharters.com/silver-fox-charters-merger/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum