Texas Hunting Forum

Whitetail Hunts on the Red River

Posted By: JGL Hunting

Whitetail Hunts on the Red River - 09/14/21 06:07 PM

Hello THF

We're going into our 2nd year at JGL Hunting -- https://www.jglhunting.com/

If any of you folks are interested, please hit me up and mention you saw this via the THF and I'll throw in a discount. Feel free to PM me here too if you'd like.

We've recently got a few new things in place, including another feeder, new 15x8 blind (we call this the condo), and a new side by side! This is all LF hunting and while we do have our "regulars" that show up, we certainly have plenty of other animals that wander around.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: Whitetail Hunts on the Red River - 09/16/21 07:21 PM

Good luck sir
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: Whitetail Hunts on the Red River - 09/18/21 01:45 AM

More info on hunt? Caliber of deer?

Re: Whitetail Hunts on the Red River - 09/19/21 05:02 PM

Hey Clark8907

You can see some pics on the website - we've got a healthy deer population. We have a few trophy caliber deer, however we largely just typical Texas whitetail. For whatever reason, the past few years most oft the does have given birth to twins so our overall population is higher than than it has been.

We're all LF hunting and literally have our north border as the Red River so we do get some deer (and other animals) venturing over from Oklahoma and using the river as a travel corridor.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Whitetail Hunts on the Red River - 09/20/21 03:16 PM

Are you located in an AR county? Some of those deer look not even close to being outside AR restrictions.

Re: Whitetail Hunts on the Red River - 09/20/21 05:27 PM

All deer were legally taken on the property - not all the pics on the website are recent.

And no, there are no AR in the counties we hunt.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Whitetail Hunts on the Red River - 09/20/21 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by RTW
All deer were legally taken on the property - not all the pics on the website are recent.

And no, there are no AR in the counties we hunt.

up

Re: Whitetail Hunts on the Red River - 09/27/21 07:12 PM

Posting a few of the common questions:

Can I clean my own animals and not pay you the extra fee?
Yes -- we fully encourage you to do this and we have an area for you to use including powered winches/knives etc. If you've never done this, we're happy to show you and help you too as long as you want to learn.

What happens if we can't find my animal?
If we determine it was hit and we can't find it - it'll count against you. If we can't find it, nor any blood or any sign that it was hit then we count it as a miss and you can keep hunting. We do our best to find all animals shot at.

Do I need a Texas hunting license?
Yes - this is a LF hunting area and we do use your deer tags. This is not an MLD hunt. We hunt in non-antler restricted counties.

Lodging isn't included? What's close?
Correct - lodging is on you. We have Vernon at about 15 miles away with several nice hotels/restaurants etc.

What do you do with the meat?
We're not a processor, but we can cut up the meat for you so it's ready to be finely trimmed/cleaned. We do recommend once you get home to do the final trimming and cleaning. We largely leave this up to each hunter of how they want the meat. We're pretty accommodating as long as you tell us ahead of time for any special requests.

Can my significant other come?
Yes - you can have 1 non-hunter with you and more if you let us know ahead of time. Everyone that comes must have a hunting license/sign our paperwork.
Posted By: lk05077

Re: Whitetail Hunts on the Red River - 09/28/21 09:02 PM

[Linked Image]
hunted with jgl last year was a great hunt

Re: Whitetail Hunts on the Red River - 09/29/21 01:32 AM

Appreciate it!

Re: Whitetail Hunts on the Red River - 10/03/21 06:59 PM

Few other notes:

Please don't ask us to ignore certain TPWD regulations or laws. We will not do so. All required licenses/safety courses must be taken.

Can I hunt with "X" -- generally, yes. Only thing we wont allow is something too small like .17 or .22.

Are we actually hunting on the river? We have several designated hunting blinds/food plots set up around the property though we can certainly do some stalk and spot to get down on the river. Just let us know ahead of time if that's something you really want to do.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum