Texas Hunting Forum

Question for other Outfitters

Posted By: JGL Hunting

Question for other Outfitters - 11/30/20 12:33 AM

Hey Guys

We're new to this -- first year of business so have a question/problem and not sure how to handle it.

We had a client book a hunt for December, and pay the required deposit back in October. However, since then the client hasn't responded to any e-mails and the phone number has been disconnected. I've e-mailed multiple times trying to get a confirmation that they were still coming and confirm an arrival time and all have went unanswered.

At what point do I consider this client a "no-show"? They don't have the property address, so they can't exactly show up the weekend they were intending to hunt. I'm just out of options in trying to deal with them. Should I try to re-book that weekend or should I wait them out?

Any help or .02 appreciated.

Thanks!
Posted By: huntnguide83

Re: Question for other Outfitters - 11/30/20 01:57 AM

I would exert all efforts up until 4-7 days before the hunt before I rebooked anyone in their place. I’d try to locate them via Facebook or use any information provided when they paid their deposit. If they don’t come in contact prior to the hunt I would still rebook them at a later date if they contacted me again if the animals were still available.
Posted By: TakeMeLord

Re: Question for other Outfitters - 11/30/20 06:45 PM

update you client take in form. Ask for several types of contact and a "who to contact in case of emergency."

Might not help you with current client no-show, but will help in future.
Posted By: don k

Re: Question for other Outfitters - 11/30/20 08:14 PM

You took the deposit for a certain date. If they do not show up keep the deposit. If you book someone else for their date then they show up then what are you going to do?
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Question for other Outfitters - 11/30/20 10:11 PM

On your release form or hunt contract did they provide an address? If so send a certified letter to them and ask them to contact you and settle up on their balance within say 3 days.
Once you get confirmation it was delivered and if no answer I would go ahead and book it. At that point youve done all you can.
Posted By: JGL Hunting

Re: Question for other Outfitters - 11/30/20 10:16 PM

Welp -- got this sorted. Sadly, not a great outcome.

Thanks for the suggestions and info folks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum