Texas Hunting Forum

DIY W. Texas Mule Deer Hunt

Posted By: mulie_mike

DIY W. Texas Mule Deer Hunt - 10/08/20 12:01 AM

It looks like 2 of our hunters are backing out for their mule deer hunt this year. So I will have our Van Horn Lower property available for the general rifle mule deer season.
Cost is $4,000 total (not each) for up to 2 hunters who each can take a mule deer buck, 1 javelina and unlimited predators.

This is a self guided do it yourself hunt with access to the ranch for the general mule deer season only. Not a season lease.
This is a hard hunt not for road hunters. You need to be ready to glass and hike + put in the time. There are not many deer out here and we are working on improving that BUT thats why this is also a cheap hunt in terms of west Texas mule deer.
Full payment is due upfront to book it. Detailed maps, directions and gps coordinates will be given. You are welcome to go out prior (with notice) to feed and scout.
First come first serve.

If you like it you have the first option to renew for next season.
Property is roughly 3500 acres in far northern Presidio county 1 hour south of Van Horn Texas.
NO amenities so primitve camp or bring in a travel trailer- county dirt road is decent to the ranch.

I am out a lot guiding right now so best to call me directly on this one 915-328-0645

Re: DIY W. Texas Mule Deer Hunt - 10/09/20 03:45 PM

Booked
Posted By: nacgoat08

Re: DIY W. Texas Mule Deer Hunt - 10/12/20 04:34 PM

That didn't take long...
Posted By: JB1316

Re: DIY W. Texas Mule Deer Hunt - 10/13/20 10:04 PM

I feel like I should just save my money all next year, and sit tight for Mike to post some of these great deals for W Texas Mule Deer or Auodad. If I manage my brownie points right, I can keep a pretty loose fall schedule haha

Re: DIY W. Texas Mule Deer Hunt - 10/15/20 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by JB1316
I feel like I should just save my money all next year, and sit tight for Mike to post some of these great deals for W Texas Mule Deer or Auodad. If I manage my brownie points right, I can keep a pretty loose fall schedule haha

With the amount of hunts we do there will always be cancellations. Save up, there will be more to come next year!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum