Texas Hunting Forum

Alligator Hunt

Posted By: oldstyle244

Alligator Hunt - 02/19/20 04:46 PM

Anyone have lead on a good gator hunt for this year?

Long story short, last year my 12 year old daughter decided she wanted to get a gator. We booked with a guide and went out the first weekend of the season. We did not get out first thing in the morning (long story), by the time the guide got us out, and checked lines she was excited to see a line down. We pulled the line, but unfortunately the beautiful 10+ foot gator on the other end was dead. We didn't get another opportunity. The guide was more than upset with himself and actually refunded us all monies (which, I am sure he did not have to do).

I called them yesterday to try again this year but they said they are sold out. I tried to find another guide online and have emailed a couple but haven't heard back.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: JABHunting

Re: Alligator Hunt - 02/20/20 04:10 PM

My suggestion might not be what you are looking for but I would say "go to Florida". The season is year-round, tags are over the counter and alligator are plentiful. Okeechobee Outfitters is just one good service. There are many.
Posted By: oldstyle244

Re: Alligator Hunt - 02/21/20 02:40 PM

I ended up finding someone here in Texas, we are going to go with Castaway down in Seadrift, wish her luck!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum