Texas Hunting Forum

Coyote hunt opportunity

Posted By: hookemhorns

Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/22/20 04:30 PM

Our ranch manager is looking to sell a few coyote hunts on our place north of Childress. Honestly, it needs to be done because we have way too many. He is looking for 4-5 guys per weekend, Friday evening through Sunday but doesnt know how much to charge. Can anyone help me out to let me know what to tell him?
Thanks for the help.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/22/20 05:04 PM

If it needs to be done, why charge? A ranch down from us interviewed for a coyote hunt once and only let the selected hunters participate for free. There were some strict guidelines due to livestock and proximity to a populated area.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/22/20 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by hookemhorns
Our ranch manager is looking to sell a few coyote hunts on our place north of Childress. Honestly, it needs to be done because we have way too many. He is looking for 4-5 guys per weekend, Friday evening through Sunday but doesnt know how much to charge. Can anyone help me out to let me know what to tell him?
Thanks for the help.

If he’ll pay me $500 per day plus meals and lodging I’ll drive to Childress and thin out his coyotes.
Posted By: LuckyDucker_TTU

Re: Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/22/20 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
A ranch down from us interviewed for a coyote hunt once and only let the selected hunters participate for free. There were some strict guidelines due to livestock and proximity to a populated area.

I’d be in for something like this. Would even be willing to trade some work if needed for permission to hunt. Luckily there’s no shortage of people who hate coyotes and are willing to let me thin them at no cost. I don’t see a problem with trying to sell hunts as there’s always someone out there willing to pay. Good luck.
Posted By: TexasOutdoorsman

Re: Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/22/20 08:51 PM

Why don’t y’all just trap them? Footholds and snares will but a hurting on coyotes!
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/23/20 07:50 AM

The fact is that if he actually gets someone that is willing to pay to hunt coyotes then he can pretty much be assured they have no clue as to what they are doing. They will just make things harder for someone that does know what they are dong and gets calls for help regularly with some folks willing to pay for results.
Also To put 4-5 folks calling on a property it must be a big ranch as one hunter can easily call 10,000 or more acres in a weekend....
I called this 11,000 acre place in one weekend by myself a while back.

Attached picture F2B16B25-2702-4F00-B553-F918B1B51D3F.jpeg
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/23/20 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by DStroud
The fact is that if he actually gets someone that is willing to pay to hunt coyotes then he can pretty much be assured they have no clue as to what they are doing. They will just make things harder for someone that does know what they are dong and gets calls for help regularly with some folks willing to pay for results.
Also To put 4-5 folks calling on a property it must be a big ranch as one hunter can easily call 10,000 or more acres in a weekend....

Wise words
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/23/20 10:11 PM

You don't have a coyote problem if you are charging for hunts
Posted By: Ktexas14

Re: Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/24/20 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by DStroud

God bless, that is a mess of coyotes.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/24/20 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/28/20 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig

Ain't that the truth!!! cheers
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Coyote hunt opportunity - 01/29/20 02:19 PM