Texas Hunting Forum

NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private

Posted By: JFWRC

NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/24/19 07:55 PM

Hello:

Hope all the THF folks are doing well.

Jim Welles here. As many of you know, I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, with my wife Kelly at 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. My office phone number is 505.294.7861. My cell number is 505-967-6562. Our e-mail address is JFWRC@comcast.net. Kelly and I have been guiding and outfitting in NM over 30 years now.

We currently have two awesome opportunities for elk hunting on our Block Ranch located 20 miles NE of Capitan, NM. The link to the Block on our website is as follows:

https://www.newmexicobiggamehu...-elk-antelope-hunts/

You should see a slider bar with bulls harvested on this ranch over the years. I have many more pictures to display and will do so in new posts......

Some of you may know that NM has made major changes to the way elk are hunted. Rest assured that the owners of the Block Ranch WILL NOT be changing their management style and hunting mature bulls will remain the goal. This hunt will be guided 2x1. The earliest date available will be October 15 for 5 days. However, we can work with hunters on dates. Lodging and meals are provided. This hunt is priced at $7,500ea + 7% NM Tax. Non-resident license fees are $65 for a Game License + $555 License + $5 for stamps.

Please call or e-mail us with questions. 505-294-7861 or JFWRC@comcast.net.

Thank you THF!!

Jim
www.newmexicobiggamehunting.com

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/24/19 07:56 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/24/19 07:57 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/24/19 08:01 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/24/19 08:10 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/24/19 08:11 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/24/19 08:12 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/24/19 08:16 PM

BULL ALIVE
[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/24/19 08:17 PM

AFTER LEAD POISONING

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/29/19 12:21 AM

Dad gum it.....I really hate to oversell or misrepresent something. As such, I try to be honest about the ranch not to blow expectations out of the water. Have we taken bigger bulls, you bet. I will show you a couple of live photos and a couple of harvested photos in the next few posts.

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/29/19 12:49 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/29/19 12:52 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/29/19 12:57 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/29/19 01:01 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/29/19 01:03 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/29/19 01:10 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/29/19 01:11 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/29/19 02:09 PM

Forgot to mention.....if at anytime, we note the quality of bulls on the ranch at the Oct 15 or later timeframe is not sufficient, we will cancel the hunt and send ALL money back to the client. Last thing we want is a dissatisfied client. Jim
Posted By: svbubba

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/29/19 08:42 PM

tagged

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 06/30/19 06:27 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/02/19 10:11 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/04/19 11:04 AM

Happy Independence Day from Washington DC. It feel so good to be here on the 4th!!! PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!!

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/07/19 10:47 AM

We are willing to listen to any reasonable offers on this fine hunt. Please feel free to contact me via PM, call me at 505.967.6562, or use or contact form at www.newmexicobiggamehunting.com.

Thank you THF.

Jim
Posted By: Sq2 hunter

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/07/19 06:59 PM

How about $2000 for the hunt and remaining balance when the hunt when the trigger is pulled?

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/08/19 04:08 PM

Thanks for the offer but the $2,000 does not even come close to the trespass fee per hunter, much less the cost of our guide and meals. Bump that to $5,500 ea + tax and $2,000 trophy fee and we are in the reasonable range.

Jim

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/08/19 04:24 PM

But if y’all have that many big elk and it won’t be a problem to get one you will get all of your money once the bull is harvested. So you still get all the money you asked for if the hunt is legit.
Posted By: waveone

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/08/19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by JFWRC
Thanks for the offer but the $2,000 does not even come close to the trespass fee per hunter, much less the cost of our guide and meals. Bump that to $5,500 ea + tax and $2,000 trophy fee and we are in the reasonable range.

Jim

Yes $2000 is a bit on the low side in all fairness. On the other hand, if the starting point is $5,500 plus $2000 trophy fee, tax and license then it appears you are right back at your starting point and not considering reasonable offers. That;s according to simple math anyway, unless I'm missing something

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/08/19 08:15 PM

How is my offer low? I am offering $2000 to hunt and when the bull is harvested or I get a shot opportunity I pay the $5500 remaining balance. The outfitter is getting all the money he is asking. But only getting all of it until he produces what he said is selling.
Posted By: DWB Montana

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/08/19 10:03 PM

How does the outfitter know you will show up and be capable for an elk hunt, physically , mentally and capable with your weapon of choice? The elk may be there, but the outfitter would have to rely on YOU to gain what he is entitled to. Perhaps you are very capable, but this man has no way of knowing that. If you know much about elk hunting , you should know a guided NM elk hunt is not cheap, especially this late in the game when it comes to tags...

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/08/19 10:30 PM

Then how about $3750 for deposit and balance due when opportunity presents itself?
Posted By: waveone

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/08/19 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by DWB Montana
How does the outfitter know you will show up and be capable for an elk hunt, physically , mentally and capable with your weapon of choice? The elk may be there, but the outfitter would have to rely on YOU to gain what he is entitled to. Perhaps you are very capable, but this man has no way of knowing that. If you know much about elk hunting , you should know a guided NM elk hunt is not cheap, especially this late in the game when it comes to tags...

Honestly- which I've been all along, this is another salient point in the pursuit of fairness to both parties. Elk hunting - real Elk Hunting of any kind, in a legitimate, native, western mountain state can be a bit pricey, and physically demanding ,at times. People deserve to paid a fair price for the value they offer.

"when the opportunity presents itself"? IF I were the Outfitter and took a notion to qualify you properly this might almost be worth it, and I'll tell you why. Once we worked into position with me holding your ammunition & bolt the entire time, I'd require the balance of what we agreed upon, on the spot. In cash plus gratuity, before giving you possession use of your weapon just to see how you would react. If all the movement fouled the opportunity you're still on the hook. Fair is fair and you would get what you're asking for.

EDIT: Part of the qualification process would be verifying you had the cash on hand at arrival and with you on the hunt.
Posted By: 218 Bee

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/08/19 11:37 PM

FWIW, I've hunted with Jim Welles' outfit in the past and wouldn't hesitate to do so again. He's a stand-up guy and I'd put absolute faith in his descriptions. If I didn't have a freezer full of cow elk I'd be giving this opportunity some serious consideration.

Those are the card I'm holdin'...

Mark

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/16/19 12:01 AM

Trying to get things going here folks-as mentioned above.....

We are willing to try this situation a little different. We would like to offer both hunts (2 hunters) at $11,000 + tax where a hunter can come hunt but if he does not see what he wants he can go home. However, if an elk is shot, there is a $2,000 ea trophy fee + tax on taking the animal, wound loss counts as well.

Hoping this will help.

Thanks much

Jim

Re: NEW MEXICO ELK-Block Ranch 100% Private - 07/24/19 09:28 PM

Just getting back to the THF after a bit of crazyness. Boy did I miss a lot.

Thanks for the accolades Mark!!

Sq2Hunter-Thanks again for the offer but we are going to pass.

Jim
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum