Texas Hunting Forum

2019 Hog Hunts

Posted By: sqiggy

2019 Hog Hunts - 12/14/18 11:34 PM

Well, it's that time of the year again. I am now booking hunts for 2019. We will be hunting on 750+ aces in Panola Co., just north of Carthage Tx, all in the Sabine River bottom. Currently running 11 feeders and looking to add one or two more, all with stands, gun or bow. We will start the first weekend in Feb and run till about the end of May. Hunts will begin on a Fri. afternoon/evening till noon that Sun. Cost is $150 per gun/bow for the entire weekend. This is all you will pay. No limits on hogs. Also included are coyotes, bobcats, coons, and beavers. Kids 16 and under are free with a paying adult. No lodging or meals provided, but welcome to camp on site which is all primitive.Local motels are just minutes away. Hanging pole is also on site. Four wheelers or side by sides can also be brought. For groups of 4 or more, will have the whole place to themselves. To book a hunt, a $50 deposit per hunter is required. You can PM me here or call or text me at 979-218-1037 for any other info or questions. Last year was our best year yet. Looking to top that this year.

Re: 2019 Hog Hunts - 12/24/18 05:05 PM

Got a couple spots for Feb 8-10, Feb 15-17 is still open, and then March 15-17 and all the weekends after that still open. Got lots of hogs!!!
Posted By: brianaustintx

Re: 2019 Hog Hunts - 12/28/18 08:06 PM

I am extremely interested, I will have to send you a msg.

Re: 2019 Hog Hunts - 01/03/19 09:25 PM

I have 2 to 3 spots for Feb 15-17. March 15-17 and thereafter are open.

Re: 2019 Hog Hunts - 01/12/19 02:06 AM

Looks like Feb is booked up. Still have the last 2 weekends in March and all of April except for the 19th-21st. The last weekend of deer season I let a big ole boar walk, just so somebody else can kill him. Had some pretty good cutters on him.
Posted By: RTJurgens

Re: 2019 Hog Hunts - 01/12/19 11:45 PM

Where is Carthage ? Am interested if in Western TX.

Re: 2019 Hog Hunts - 01/13/19 12:46 AM

Carthage is in east Tx. Just southwest of Shreveport La., and just south of Marshall Tx. and/or I-20.
Posted By: DronePilot

Re: 2019 Hog Hunts - 01/21/19 02:26 AM

I am unable to walk more than a hundred yards or so do to multiple back surgeries and knee problems. I do not have an atv. do you provide transportation to stands or can they be accessed by truck?

Re: 2019 Hog Hunts - 01/21/19 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by DronePilot
I am unable to walk more than a hundred yards or so do to multiple back surgeries and knee problems. I do not have an atv. do you provide transportation to stands or can they be accessed by truck?

You bet. About half of the stands you can drive your truck and park, then a short walk in. Stands across the creek, we can drive you on our 4 wheeler, drop off and pick up. Also, for those that can't or don't want to climb a ladder stand, I've set up ground blinds made out of pallets, backed off from the feeders about 50 or so yards. These have been working really well on rifle hunters not getting winded, being that most of the ladder stands are set up for a bow shot. Also at our disposal, I have a couple of pop up blinds we can use if the weather gets a little nasty.

Re: 2019 Hog Hunts - 01/27/19 05:43 AM

Feb is booked up and all I have in March is 2 to 4 spots for the 22-24. First 2 weekends in April are still open if we don't close them to go on a turkey hunt somewhere!! grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum