Texas Hunting Forum

Red Stag Hunt in New Zealand Outfitter Recs?

Posted By: Buch

Red Stag Hunt in New Zealand Outfitter Recs? - 08/26/18 08:10 PM

I know this is a forum designed with Texas hunting in mind, but I've seen African Outfitters post here and thought some of you gents may have done a Red Stag or other hunts in New Zealand. I'm still a few years out for this hunt to happen, but I like to plan and with a hunt of this caliber a lot of planning is involved. So if you've done a hunt like this and/or have recommendations for an outfitter in NZ to hunt Red Stag please chime in. A friend of mine and both of our wives will be making this a dual purpose hunt/vacation. The wives don't hunt, but will enjoy the scenery, shopping etc. This will be my second time to NZ, I highly recommend it as a vacation spot! Truly a unique country.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Red Stag Hunt in New Zealand Outfitter Recs? - 08/26/18 08:41 PM

I went a few years ago with Croc Adams, the Owner of Southern Mountain Adventures. Great guy and a great hunt. Was not interested in a stag but was focused on a Tahr and chamois.

His email is

Croc.adams@hotmail.com

Have fun. Hunting New Zealand is awesome.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Red Stag Hunt in New Zealand Outfitter Recs? - 08/26/18 11:24 PM

Paul Bamber of Wanganui Safaris is whom we hunted with. Class act and highly highly regarded and recommended. My buddy & I took our wives. They were non-hunters before the trip but both ended the trip as hunters and shot trophy animals. It was a blast. Paul even took the ladies in to town and arraigned a day of fun for them.

Another to recommend (but with no personal experience) would be Kiwi Safaris. I have talked with them several times at SCI. Have good hunter reviews.
Posted By: Buch

Re: Red Stag Hunt in New Zealand Outfitter Recs? - 08/27/18 03:51 PM

I appreciate the recommendations! If others have experienced hunting in NZ please chime in. Would love to hear about it your trip and who you outfitted with.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum